“Quite nice but awful beds” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel delle Province

You added Hotel delle Province to your Saves list
Hotel delle Province
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viale delle Provincie 103, 00162 Rome, Italy (San Lorenzo)   |
Ranked #378 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Helsinki, Finland
“Quite nice but awful beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The room was quite spacious and clean. The air conditioning was a huge rescue in 36 degree's heat. Too bad there wasn't any coffee/tea making facilities which I would've expected from a 4-star hotel. The bed was uncomfortable as it was way too hard. My back hurt every night. :( The breakfast was better than expected: bread, cheese, fruits, yoghurt, muesli, special coffees, tea, sweet pastries... The staff was always very polite and friendly. The hotel is located a bit aside from the center but there was less than 10 minutes walk to the Bologna metro station.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

During our 6 nights "marathon" visit of Italy with our two daughters we spent 3 nights in ROme. The first night was a unpleaswant experience at a different hotel, so we cancelled the rest of the stay and moved to Hotel delle Provincefor the last 2 nights in Rome. My Italy trip was wonderfull and Hotel delle Province was part of it. Location is good,close to metro station, the room is clean and large and quiet, bathroom excellent, power shower and bidet. I paid only street parking thruout Italy (8 euro for 8 hours during the day, nights are free). We did not use the car in Rome at all. Complimentry breakfast got a 5 start from all of us everything you can imagine for breakfast, except omellet (but they had boiled eggs). Loved the view of Rome from 6th floor breakfast room. THe hoteldoes not look high rating from outside, nor the entrance, but clean and perfect for us.THe best restaurant we eat inRome was on the same street with the hotel, at Piaza dele Provinciale (Baci and Labaci or so): Pasta with fresh seafood is great, steak great, everything great, the house wine is 7 or 8 euro a litre - like all over Italy (non touristic areas). The staff rememberd us from one night before - very friendly and ellegant. loved it. For americans prices very reasonable - approx 26 euro for large steak, less than 20 for seafood with pasta - local made wonderfull deserts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I had no complaints about this hotel until I returned to the United States and found out that the guy working the front desk is a thief. I booked the hotel through booking.com. I booked the room on 8/9/12 and apparently my credit card was charged they night I booked it, which is fine; however, I was never informed by the staff that my credit card had been charged. My dad and I checked in on 8/13/12 and checked out on 8/14/12. Upon check out the man at the front desk charged us for the cost of the hotel. Not knowing that my card had been charged at the time of booking, I gave the recpetionish 100 euro. He gave me my change and a receipt and we left for the airport. When I returned to the US I got my credit card statment which showed a charge for Hotel Delle Province. I emailed the manager immediately and she informed me that they had no record that I paid cash for anything. After spending four hours going though my paper shredder and putting my receipt back together I noticed that the guy never indicated anywhere that I paid him cash. Of course! Why would he when he should have never asked me for the cash to begin with bc the room had already been charged to my credit card. Basically I paid for the room twice and they are refusing to give me my money back because I can't prove that I gave him the cash. I warn anyone who stays at this hotel to pay close attention to your bills and payment. I am an experienced travel, have already been out of the country three this year and this has never happened to me before. I speak Italian as does my father who is a native of the country. If they were sneaky enough to do this to us imagain what they would do to someone who does not speak the language. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again, which is too bad bc I have no complaints regarding the accommodations. You just don't do that to people. Unfortunately this experience has made my ratings in all areas go way down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Gianlucadimartino, Proprietario at Hotel delle Province, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Madam
we have already answer to your problem many times and I'm very sorry about your problem.
Sincerly If evry custom after check out contact us telling that we have ask twice the payment you undertsand that i cannot refound all of them.
As you told us many times and as i answer you in our amministration result just one payment of not refundable tariff by credit card and at moment of your booking you know the condition of not refundable (the payment is immediately with credit card) so if is true that the receptionist ask you the payment in cash why did you pay e didn't complain the payment in hotel? so only after many days you asking money back you told us that many times are in Italy why you don't go to the police station to denunce the receptionist? i have any prrove of what you are telling and i cannot do it.
best regards
Amman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The room was clean and simple, but good for a 3 1/2 * Hotel. Breakfast okay. Generally an okay deal for the money if you do not expect anything special.

The guy who did the check in was very helpful and polite (Giuseppe?). The room was ready also it was not yet time for check-in. Unfortunately he was the only nice one, working at the reception. The others were arrogant and not really willing to help on any questions.

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is good,although not located in the city center, but is well connected. 10 minute on foot you will find the metro station, and the bus 492 which is 5 minutes walking, makes a route for most places to be visited in Rome.
The room and the bathroom was very clean and comfortable.The breakfast could be more diversified but it's ok.

Fornos, Aveiro, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We arrived 1h before ceck-in time and hour room was available already.
The room was very clean and comfortable with A/C.
Near to metro station, 10min. on foot. Wi-fi free.
The breakfast could be more diversified but it is ok.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less wi-fi connection at the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was great for the value but having stayed at many hotels across Europe and north America, thisis most definitely not a four star but more like a two star hotel. Our room smelled really bad, the safe was the size of your palm and when asked reception to keep something for me I got refused at first then an annoyed acceptance from the girl at reception- although they had no problem keep our passports as its hotel policy. The hotel is conveniently located and about 10 min tram ride from the center.

The worst thing about this place was honestly the reception staff who were all rude and seemed as though they really didn't enjoy their jobs, thus reflecting on the poor and rushed customer service given.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel delle Province? Share your experiences!