“Convenient and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 549 Specialty lodging in Rome
Seattle, Washington
“Convenient and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed here upon my sister's recommendation (she used to be a tour guide for Rick Steves). It's super convenient to to the main train/metro station Termini.

Pros: wifi, a/c, spacious, common kitchen area, cafe, location
Cons: noise. both from the street and other rooms in the morning

Room Tip: Not sure about the other options, but "the sweets" are a bit noisy
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

665 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Really Enjoyed my stay at The Beehive. The staff are so friendly and always helpful. I stayed in the dorm rooms as a solo backpacker and met some great people. First time I stayed here for 4 nights then at the end of my trip i stayed for 2 nights. Tidy rooms and there is a safe/big locker for each person in the dorms for valuables. Easy quick walk from Termini Train station.

Was also staying in the alternative accommodation ran by the same people just the other side of the Rome Termini train Station which had a shared kitchen too.

Room Tip: The dorm room has no a/c but has a huge fan on the ceiling which is effective anyway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The location of the hostel is great, very close to the main station.
Our room, the bathrooms and showers were always clean.
The staff are very helpful and friendly.
Very nice cafe with good food and nice atmosphere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Annville, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

There's a lot of great things to say about the Beehive, however I wouldn't stay there again. We stayed in 2 different rooms 3 night each. The rooms were nice enough. A nice common kitchen was available. Staff was absolutely just great. In the basement is a small cafe which serves delicious organic food prepared by a another wonderful staff person. So what's wrong? Street noise was very loud. Received very little sleep every night we stayed there. Our first 3 nights the room was streetside. Heard drunks & people just hanging out all night until about 4 am. Then at 4am the street cleaners/garbage collectors come by. The last 3 nights we were on the courtyard side & that was very noisy also. People fighting & kids crying,kids just being loud. It was just too much for me. Had very little sleep during my stay there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LindaatTheBeehive, Owner at The Beehive, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear BlueFiddler, I'm very glad you were happy with your room, thought our food was delicious and that our staff was great. I am sorry you had trouble sleeping during your stay. I agree, Rome is a noisy city and while we can do our best within our own walls to try to ensure our guests have a good night's sleep, I'm afraid anything outside our walls - rubbish collection, kids crying, etc. - is simply beyond our control. Anyone coming to Rome should be aware that Rome is noisy and if you are a light sleeper or live in a home that is very insulated from external noises, then you should come prepared with ear plugs or other noise buffers during your stay in Rome. Best regards, Linda
Changsha, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed in the dorm for 3 nights in July. The room was spacious and lovely, with bright floor tile, wall decor, plus spotless sheets, and perfect for chatting with other travelers. I had a great chat with Steven and we became friends!

Yes, it's fan not a/c, but hey, Rome gets pretty cool at night! Def no need for a/c! It's kinda hot in the day but you won't sit around all day there right? The receptionists, Steve, Francesca and others, were extremely friendly! Chef "Ming" at the kitchen told me where to buy moka pot. There's a Bialetti counter at UPIM for all the supplies! The kitchen was a nice breakfast place for comfort food. But better do as the Romans do, be a regular at your favorite caffe, stand up, order "cappuccino e brioche", and do it quick.

Via Marghera was a pleasant neighborhood, north of Termini, quieter than the south. I also stayed at Bluehostel, it was on the south, in a Chinese community, it's not as lively and close as the north. The majorities in the dorm were American/Aussie and Korean, just for information.

I would definitely choose the Beehive next summer without a second thought. And try their massage I forgot to do last time. Methink Beehive is the place to stay for the rest of my life when traveling to Rome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Best Value of any of my accomdations in Italy, friendly staff, clean room and bathroom, Felt very safe, Not a party spot. Best if you are looking to see the sights. Close to the Rail station and other transportation options

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hostel/hotel is a delight. I stayed in one of the rooms with shared bathroom and kitchen - and it was so great meeting such friendly fellow travellers. The walk-in shower was a delightful surprise as my previous experience of Italian showers has been old, and not v user friendly!
The staff are friendly and helpful, and we even spent one afternoon in the small garden courtyard because it is so pleasant. V convenient central location and peaceful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Beehive? Share your experiences!