“Very good hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 622 Specialty Lodging in Rome
Toulouse, France
“Very good hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed 5 nights at the Beehive. The dorm and bathroom were clean. It's close of the Termini station, very practical to walk to the Colisee, or catch the metro or a bus. It's really quiet and I appreciated this (they have others room at the Acacia hotel, very nice as well, but on a street very busy with the tramway so very noisy).
I tried the cafeteria for a breakfast and you can go closed eyes ...it's fresh and good for a just price.
So if I come back at Rome, I will come back at the beehive !

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

This was my second stay in Beehive and I'm again impressed by their staff and service. I stayed in the dorm, where there were eight bunk beds, but looked in on one of the private rooms and they seemed pretty comfortable - I think I might do that next time. Unfortunately, they no longer serve dinner and, with guests not allowed in the kitchen area, this means you either need to eat out or get take out - no cooking for yourself (although you can use the kettle). The addition of a microwave or something to reheat meals would be nice for budget travellers. There were plenty of power points so everyone had the chance to recharge their gadgets - a must, these days!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
LindaatTheBeehive, Owner at The Beehive, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Dear Saine, thank you very much for your kind words. I just wanted to respond in order to make things more clear for you if it wasn't communicated to you during your stay and also to be clear to potential guests who will read your review. We did have to close our cafe for lunch and dinner a few years ago because of bureaucratic reasons. We do still offer daily breakfast, Sunday brunch and snacks & drinks. By our licensing and authorization (we are technically a 1 star hotel) by law we cannot allow guests to cook on our premises. For this, we do offer our offsite self-catering guestrooms, Clover and Acacia (which have a different authorization) for those guests who want a private room, but also want to be able to use a kitchen. I'm very glad that you enjoyed staying with us again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again in the future. All the best, Linda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012 via mobile

The beehive hotel was a perfect place for our roman adventure (8 days). Staff: all lovely and helpful. Hotel: sparkling clean, handmade soaps in each room, extremely comfy beds, perfect location safe for night and day. Food: organic and homemade, allergy friendly ( gluten and dairy free are no problem- even have rice milk!). The beehive had both a computer and free wifi. We were genuinely sorry to leave!

• Stayed February 2012
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My mom and I were very happy with our stay at the Beehive. We were in Rome for 5 days and wished to have stayed the entire trip but unfortunately they only had availability the first 3 days. It is 5 minutes from the train station on safe streets. The area was fine and a few good restaurants need by. The Beehive is very clean and comfortable. The cafe has a good breakfast. There is a computer in the lounge for guest use and wifi. The garden is cute for sitting outside. The staff were helpful and spoke perfect English. I would stay here again and again. We stayed at the Acaia for our last night in Italy returning from Venice. It was ok, but alittle too loud street traffic. I would recommend the main Beehive location to everyone. It is fantastic value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

This place is very clean and nice, professional and polite staff who all speak English perfectly, and is at a great location (a 5-min walk from the main train station). The Beehive also has very reasonable prices. My boyfriend and I stayed there once when we first got into Italy and then stayed there again just before we flew out because we liked it so much the first time.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Oldham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

I recently spent 2 months travelling through Europe and have to say that The Beehive was the best hostel I stayed in during the whole trip. I stayed in the dorm which was great value at 20 euros a night. The first thing I have to comment on is how clean the whole place is - it was immaculate. There are plenty of bathrooms too, so no fighting for the showers (the shower gels and soaps provided were great). The hostel has a really relaxed vibe as is promoted, and knowing this, everyone in the dorm was a like minded traveller and I made some amazing friends there. Note - this is not a party hostel!! Although there is no kitchen, a small cafe is located downstairs where we ate breakfast most days. There was also a decent free wifi connection throughout the hostel. Don't be put off by the hostel being close to the termini. None of us staying there encountered any problems whatsoever in the surrounding area and it didn't feel unsafe in the slightest. In fact, it being close to the termini is incredibly handy if you arrive/depart by train as it is a 5 minute walk away. The Beehive also has a nice outdoor area to relax in which is shielded by high walls from the street, although it was a little too cold to use it the time of year I was there! I would not hesitate in recommending The Beehive and will definitely be staying there again when next in Rome.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
leics
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

my friend and i stayed in a private room, which was great, comfy, the location is brilliant close to the termini, so its easy to find, lots in surrounding area, would stay again

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Beehive? Share your experiences!