We decided to stay at this hotel the night before our flight back to USA. It is within 20-25 minutes drive from Rome's Fiumicino major airport and it is connected to it by major highways. The hotel is used by regular clients as well as by conventions. It looks that it might have been own by a clerical or nun organization (Holy See) (some of of the conference rooms bear the names of some of the Popes. There is even a small chapel in the hotel. The hotel is big and it might have been built in the early XX century. The concierge was very nice during the check in as kindly requested to the kitchen a boxed breakfast to take out since our flight was earlier than the hotel regular breakfast time.
The room was clean and decorated sparingly. The bed was very comfortable. There was no noise in the environment.
Wi-Fi was available for a fee in our room and it was free in the reception area. Our laptop and our iPhone5 could not get the signal in the reception area, but our iphone4 got the wifi signal without any problem.
Parking was complimentary.
This hotel is a nice place to stay and it is a good value. The staff was very helpful and courteous.
We certainly recommend this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Church Palace is a charming 4 star Superior hotel housed in a magnificent historic building of Renaissance inspiration. The hotel has been completely renovated to meet the needs of an international clientele, but has maintained its noble and elegant lines and refined and welcoming atmosphere. Set in a private park,the hotel blends with the historic park of Villa Carpegna. Only 500 m from Cornelia Metro Station (line A - three stops from the Vatican Museums) and 3 km from the Vatican City, the hotel with its 200 comfortable rooms offers its guests a special selection of fine dining with three restaurants and a coffee lounge. The conference centre is set up with a large auditorium and ten meeting rooms equipped with the latest technology and advanced audio-visual media. Behind the beautiful cloister, right in the heart of the hotel is an unexpected and grandiose church, which is open for big concerts and prestigious events, in addition to its natural religious function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Church Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Mariae Palazzo Carpegna Hotel Rome
- Grand Hotel Rome
- Grand Palazzo Carpegna
- Grand Hotel Palazzo Carpegna
- Palazzo Carpegna