“Nice place - excellent service - value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Hjallerup, Denmark
“Nice place - excellent service - value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Even the restaurant was very busy, the waiters gave time to Welcome us, felt no hurry at all.
Nice atmosphere. The food was excellent. Would go there again anytime.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Polish first
“Overpriced. Worst lunch entire visit. ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

We are here our second day in Rome and had what we thought was an OK meal in Rome. My husband ordered the lasagna and I ordered the fettuccini Alfredo. He also ordered a birra and I ordered one glass of vino. 60 euros later we left. The fettuccini was small portions and chewy.

After staying in italy for two weeks we realized that La Botte was the most expensive meal we are for lunch and it wasn't even that good. We were able to compare roman meals days after this limchc and realized we has eaten subpar food for an overpriced amount. Don't eat here. Your money would be spent wiser elsewhere.

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“worst pizza we've ever had. period!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was our first meal in Rome - and turned out to be a tourist trap, a disappointing experience.

Let me first share what was great: the decor is super charming, the location is fantastic, the service was superb.

We ordered a vegetarian pizza and as soon as it came I knew it would be awful. The vegetables were carelessly thrown on and were grossly overcooked. The thin crust was too chewy and so was the cheese. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was the worst pizza I've ever tasted. The manager noticed immediately and took it away, without question. This was wonderful, but he didn't even ask why we didn't like it - that should tell you something.

Instead, we ordered gnocchi, which was way too salty and tasted below average. The sauce was runny - again, a disappointment. We've had better gnocchi in India & Dominican Republic on our recent travels!

A green salad is nothing but a small bowl of cut up lettuce (one kind), plain. 5 euros for that?

The side spinach was awesome and so was the smoked cheese plate.

We made the best of the experience, but it DEFINITELY wasn't worth 80 euros ... and I would never go back there again.

This place is always packed with tourists it seems, but we didn't see any locals eating there...

So, do your homework!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“The best dessert of Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Pizza with nutela or strawberries with lemon are two of the desserts that I tasted and they were heavenly. The lamb chops were fantastic and they have a impeccable service. A restaurant you must visit in Rome.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Trust me if you know food you wont enjoy this place so much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

After 30 or more visits to Italy i really cannot say this place was worth the price at all. I had a simple pizza and glass of wine. There are far better places for pizza. My tab was almost 19 Euro or about 23 US dollars. Defo not worth the price. I cannot recommend this place since there are so many other good places to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere