“Great location and excellent friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ludovisi Palace

You added Hotel Ludovisi Palace to your Saves list
Hotel Ludovisi Palace
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Ludovisi 43, 00187 Rome, Italy (Ludovisi / Via Veneto)   |
Ranked #370 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Great location and excellent friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Recently stayed in an executive room at the Ludovisi Palace, although the bathroom was a bit dated everything else was lovely. The location of the hotel is ideal, near to the hop on hop off bus stop and not to far to walk to the Spanish steps.
I can not speak highly enough of the reception staff and cleaning staff, nothing was too much trouble. They organised tickets for us and recommended lovely restaurants and we had a great stay. They even found details of the artist as we had admired one of their pictures.
Would love to recommend that maybe you have a few comfortable chairs in the bar area for the evening, so you can have a drink when returning to the hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed in this hotel for business one night. Dated rooms w/minibar, small functional bathrooms in nice marble. More like a 3-star hotel. Problem with hotel manager who told me I had to check out at noon, when my business had arranged checkout at 2pm. He wanted to send someone to help me pack in order to leave! I told him to check his records, that I wasn't leaving before 2pm. While showering my phone rang a minimum of ten consecutive times, I lost count. After shower I answered the phone only for him to tell me I was correct about departure and to take my time. He'd harassed a colleague as well, who I told not to leave before 2pm. When I went down to check out early, same person insisted I pay the city tax for my and my colleague's room. Another argument. Told him to contact business again, that city tax was included in room & tax. It was. No apology at all. He then hassled my colleague to come down at 1:45pm, as I was already down, wanting to send someone to help him pack. My colleague came down at 1:55pm. HORRIBLE PLACE, HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. There are better 4-star hotels, please stay in one of them!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Ludovisipalace, Direttore at Hotel Ludovisi Palace, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Madam,
I am really sorry that you were not satisfied of our services. Probably there was a misunderstanding between the concierge (not the manager) and you regarding the check-out time. The standard check out time is at 11:00 a.m. but especially in this case we have agreed with your company to postpone it at 02:00 p.m. The problem was that the concierge at the first moment had not read well the arrangements for a late check-out. After talking with you and having understood your reasons, he has apologized you and asked if, only if required, you needed help of our bell-boy to bring down the luggage when ready. The city tax is never included in the room rate and your company didn't pay for it. At your refusal the concierge has contacted your company that has authorized the charge to them. This is just to clarify what happened.
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Ludovisi Palace for 12 days. It was a very nice hotel and the staff was the friendliest I have ever met! They went over and above most hotel staff. Also, they spoke excellent English as well as many other languages. The location was wonderful! We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. I highly recommend this hotel for anybody!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
East Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Recently stayed three nights in mid March. The hotel is conveniently located just several minutes walk from the Spanish Steps and the Barberini Station on the metros red line. It is however, not deserving of its four star rating (by any standard, but especially American). The room was small and tired though its bathroom was nicely finished. The beds are small, uncomfortable and include a pillow that is hardly such. The wifi didn't work for much of the stay and when it did, functioned at a speed that rendered it nearly useless. Climate control in the room was not functional. The safe is dated and difficult to operate. The breakfast served in the lobby is better than average for the area given its complimentary. The staff was friendly and accommodating. For the cost there are better options. For the rate (160€ per night) I would most definitely not return.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Tripoli, Greece
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

We stayed in Ludovisi Hotel for three (3) nights. The room was good, clean and with nice view in Ludovisi str. We stayed in the 5th floor. The reception and breakfast area looks poor. The breakfast was poor also with very limited selections - no fresh orange juice, very slow refills. The coffee from the machine was also very poor - no espresso or cappuccino. You expect more regarding coffee in a four star hotel in Rome ...... The biggest disappointment came from the reception employee on Sunday morning, when we asked about the bus to Castello Outlet, and as he said he did not know any details, but he would be more than happy to arrange for us a taxi service which would cost us only 60 euros per person. We found out by ourselves, that the bus was leaving every 3 hours from a location 200 meters from the hotel with a cost of 26 euros per person roundtrip..... Of course we used the bus! The reception also suggested strongly a taxi service to the airport with the amount of 55 eurosplus cost of luggage, while the standard and legal price from and to Fiumicino Airport is 48 euros regardless the luggage..... We decided to walk from the hotel with our luggage 200 meters up to Via Veneto, where we hired a taxi from the local "piaza" with 6 pieces of luggage and we paid 50 euros with the tip....
I am sure will travel to Rome again sometimne in the near future becouse we had agreta time with my wife and friends, but i do not think that i will choose again Ludovisi Hotel..... Forgot to mention that for three days (Sat, Sund., Mon.) there was no internet service due to problems on the specific area. The reception suggested us to use the near by Savoy Hotel (same area...) for our flight check in. On Monday morning a tecnician was working inside the hotel trying to fix the problem.....

Room Tip: Front rooms in the topfloors have better view. Avoid rooms in the back side as there is no view.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Europe
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

The porter was really kind person. The breakfast was low quality - coffee from machine. The room was quiet and spacious but had a problem with the air-conditioning (we were feeling cold). Only pros was its good location.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

We arrived airport in Rome and took the train to our hotel. We chose the train to see more of Rome through the train system..We arrived at our hotel and it was very beautiful. The location was perfect, within walking distance to the Spanish steps and Trevi fountain. Our hotel room overlooked the Swiss Embassy. The Ludovisi is a very good choice, the room was very nice and an ala-cart breakfast was a delight each morning. If you go to Rome check out reviews of this quiet and nice hotel..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ludovisi Palace? Share your experiences!