“Beautiful B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3,123 Rome B&B and Inns
nw England
“Beautiful B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Me and my husband have just returned home from La Duchessa A Roma. This is a beautiful B&B. The hosts Daniella and Marco could not have been more welcoming. The place is spotlessly clean, besutifully decorated. We stayed in the Tripple room.
Breakfasts on the terrace were a wonderful start to the day. Great views sitting enjoying fresh coffee and croissants, cold meats, cheeses, fruit, yogurts, nuts, juices, jams etc, sets you up for a great start to the day. Daniella speaks excellent English and gave us lots of information about the stunning city of Rome. The tram stop into all of the sites is just around the corner so we spend 3 nights/4 days and got to see all of the main sites in Rome. I couldn't recommend this place highly enough. We did not want to leave.

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Thank you to Daniela and Marco for your hospitality! My husband and I stayed 3 nights at their beautiful bed and breakfast. I would stay there again absolutely. The breakfasts were outstanding and plenty of food! Half the time we skipped lunch or ate a light lunch as we were full! Never pass up Daniela's famous cappuccino!beautiful sunset from the patio. The accommodations were spotless. ❤️❤️

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

THE ROOM/AMENITIES
I stayed at La Duchessa for 2 nights and wish I'd stayed longer! This is a B&B that has everything you're probably looking for. There are 3 bedrooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, dining area, a terrace and entrance area. I had my own bathroom which was spacious, modern and the bath was great after a long day of sightseeing. It is very clean, wonderfully decorated with amazing art, and comfortable too. There is a great kitchen to access when you want, stocked with some food, wine/refreshments, and an amazing terrace overlooking Rome. This is the kind of place you could book as your own villa with another couple or if you had a larger family and essentially have your own private condo for your stay.

THE PEOPLE
The hosts Daniela and Marco were lovely, caring hosts. Daniela sat down with me as soon as I arrived and showed me a map of the area and places to visit, the tram line into town (just 10 mins) etc. Marco got up to bake pastries in the oven each morning and set out a great breakfast.

THE LOCATION
This location is not right in the heart of Rome but easy (10 min) access with the tram. Being in a residential area is quieter, and gives you the feeling of living like a resident going to local shops etc. Yes, there is graffiti around the neighborhood, but I noticed that in much of Rome unfortunately. Don't let that scare you off. The people are lovely in the neighborhood and it was an amazing stay.

THE HIGHLIGHTS
The hosts, terrace and fresh baked croissants in the morning. :-)

Room Tip: Both larger rooms are great!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Province of Padua, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

This autumn I had the opportunity to return to Rome for work.
Immediately I searched the number of this B&B, where certainly Daniela & Marco would have welcomed like a friend.It was just so that!!!
They booked for me a nice & clean room, the breakfast was a very tasting italian food!
Everything was perfetc!!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

We were for just two nights and wished we could have stayed longer. We were greeted by Daniela who provided with lots of informations and recommendations.
We stayed in the room with the little private balcony. Room was beautiful, large and comfortable. We were within 15 minutes distance of the major sites. Many good restaurants around the flat.
We enjoyed a lot at breakfast with our friendly owner. We'll come back definately!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2015

Living in la Duchessa for 6 nights between the years, it was a pleasant opportunity to meet Rome, close to it's natives. Great friendly hosts, Daniela and Marco supported us during our stay continuously from our arrival late in the evening (nice restaurant reservation) till our departure (limo to the airport at a correct price). We highly recommend our hosts' coffees and chat in the morning as well as their accurate advice for everything related to our short stay in Rome.
We intend to come back, bringing our friends, looking for the hints we've learned from our new friends Daniela and Marco! Highly recommended!

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

I stayed at this B&B in December 2014 and had the best time. I was travelling alone and could not have asked for a better start to my trip. Daniela and Marco are kind, welcoming people who could not do enough for me. They gave me great recommendations about where to eat, as well as tips on the best ways to get to various places. The breakfast they put on was always generous and enough to last you through the morning. The room was big, spotless and very comfortable. The private bathroom was the perfect size for me. Wi-Fi is fast and you can get English channels on Sky. Whilst this place is not in the centre of town, it is only a short tram ride away.
Nothing I asked for or about was too much trouble, and I was made to feel very much at home here. I will definitely be back to this beautiful place!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Been to B&B La Duchessa A Roma? Share your experiences!