“Very nice hotel in the middle of Rome” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
€100 (EUR)
Ranked #210 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Lappeenranta, Finland
“Very nice hotel in the middle of Rome”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed in the hotel with our 3 children. The room was big enough for us five (we've been in much smaller ones, too). The breakfast was very nice and the view from the breakfast room was excellent. The location couldn't have been better and the staff was really nice and helpful (special thanks to the nice lady in breakfast room and the gentlemen at the reception who arranged us taxis and restaurant reservations!). On Friday and Saturday evening the noice from the night club next door disturbed us a little bit - but that was the only thing I can complain in the hotel. Very nice experience!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

466 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

This hotel is a great location in the heart of the historical centre of Rome, halway between the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain.
The rooms aren't huge but that's what you'd expect in a three star hotel. Our bathroom was very big however.
Staff at reception were very helpful. We travelled around Tuscany for 6 days and we left one of our bags at the hotel for this time, no charge!
The breakfast was a typical Italian buffet breakfast served in the rooftop dining room, with views across the city to St Peter's!
Very close to Spagna Metro station and the bus terminus at Piazza San Silvestro
This hotel added to our enjoyable stay in Rome.

FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Dear Guest
we would like to thank you very much for the wonderful review left.
We are pleased in reading suggestions and find the way to improve our standards and learn how to satisfy our Guests. We hope to see you again and my pleasure it would be meeting and welcoming you personally at our Hotel.
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I've been to Hotel Madrid more than once and my last visit and fresh visit was in the beginning of September. My pals and I stayed there for five days and boy oh boy, it was as good as it always has been. It's... You know... one of those places that sticks to its quality and self set standards. Personally, I love having breakfast and Hotel Madrid is the only hotel I don't do room service simply because I love mingling with other guests and their terrace makes me feel like I'm in one of those Hollywood movies - the view of the Roman rooftops takes me breath away, those white metal chairs, nicely decorated tables + fresh cornetto & cappuccino.... Yep, heaven with a full stomach & set for a day in this eternal city which I love so much. It amazes me how central it is and yet I've never heard a single sound from the street. The staff at the front desk is really nice and although some of them have changed with years (I went there in spring '99, fall '03 and like a month ago), I still felt like they knew I was a returning guest. I like it's both homey and professional service; the rooms are cozy and impeccably clean, bathrooms have enough space and you know I'm a sucker for those tiny soaps and shampoos.... i have a small collection at home and every time I need a pick me up to refresh my memory and instantly take me to my fave place, I smell them. I do the same with their soaps, with turkish delights from Istanbul, etc.
To cut it short, I absolutely love hotel Madrid and can't wait to come again and again. I give it five stars and wholeheartedly recommend, both for families with kids and for singles and/or couples. Frankly, I think this hotel really is a true gem. And yeah, their rates are amazing, especially having in mind it's terrific location. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I have.

FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, October 14, 2010
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for having chosen the Hotel Madrid in Rome and for having taken the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I am grateful for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel.
Hotel news, from Novembre free wi-fi also in all our rooms
Yours sincerely,
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Hotel Madrid was disappointing for the price. The room was small, stuffy and claustrophobic. The front of house staff were friendly enough, but not overly helpful. Breakfast was the worst. My husband and I were asked on several occasions to move to make way for families. Often there weren't enough tables for all the guests and we were left standing. The waitress was extremely rude, especially when I had breakfast on my own one morning because my husband thought it wasn't worth the hassle. She made me move for a family and then ignored all my requests for tea. We weren't overly enamoured with Rome - it's not a place for young couples - we spent all our time out because the hotel was so lousy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
FulvioG, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, October 12, 2010
Dear Madame/Sir,
we would really like to thank you for the review that you have left. . We are pleased to read any suggestion in order how to satisfy our Guests but, we inform to you that all our rooms are not small but bigger than all the others 3 and also some 4 stars hotel in the historical centre of Rome.
Our beautiful and panoramic Roof garden in big enough for all our guests and sometimes it's possible to wait just 1 or 2 minutes to have your order.
We hope to see you again in the near future and to welcome you in our Unique Home Hotel in the centre of Rome.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

This is our second stay at Hotel Madrid and we were very pleased. the location cannot be beat and the quad rooms are relatively spacious. We stayed for three nights before heading to Civitavecchia for a 12 day cruise. We particularly enjoyed breakfast and how centrally located the hotel is. Minutes from the spanish steps, Trevi fountain, Piazza Navona, the Pantheon and the Collisseum. Love Rome Deanna Natale

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, September 15, 2010
Dear Madame/Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for the wonderful review that you have sent us.
We are proud to read all your comments and to improve every day.
We hope to welcome you again in our Hotel in the centre of Rome
Best Regards
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

We stayed at hotels in Rome, San Gimingnano, Venice, and Giovinazzo, and Hotel Madrid in Rome was our favorite. My family of 5 was able to stay in one room, the suite, and it was perfect for us. My 12 and 15 yr old boys were comfortable in their separate sleeping area of the suite. This hotel has a great location, we walked to everything! The breakfast on the rooftop was so nice. All the staff in this hotel were so friendly and helpful. We were recommended this hotel by family members and we were happy with the results. Very clean also.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your kind compliments about Hotel Madrid Roma.
I'm very please to know we have satisfied you with our service and our Staff.

I'm looking forward to giving you our welcome in a near future.

Best regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

We are a family of five (2 adults 3 children ages 15, 14, 8) and are very fussy with cleanliness, location , and space in our hotel room. Hotel Madrid made this possible for us, our hotel room consisted of a lounge room with two daybeds and the master bedroom with a king bed and an extra day bed .. perfect... we were a 2min walk to the spanish steps, and the trevi fountain. Also we were in the heart of the shopping district and had a good selection of restaurants to choose from (on the same street as the hotel) 30 second walk. Also would like to add that the staff were very helpful friendly people . Kerrie (syd, australia)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
FulvioG, Direttore at Hotel Madrid, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your positive comments, as you mentioned .
Hotel Madrid Roma it's one of the most beautiful 3 stars hotel in this area and it is situated in the real centre of the city of Roma in the Spanish Steps area.
We hope to welcome you again in our Hotel.
Best Regards

Been to Hotel Madrid? Share your experiences!