“Worst Ever” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,168 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
belfast
“Worst Ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

Arrived with my niece to be greeted by sweaty looking receptionist, shown to room on request. TINY, dirty and smelly with 'balcony'/deathtrap. Ensuite consisted of dated toilet with 'shower' in v.close proximity to toilet (showerhead and dirty curtain = shower ). As it was late we had to stay the night but booked out at dawn without staying for breakfast.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Unclean
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hemel Hempstead
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

i think first and foremost it is important to read new reviews of a A hotel. i have stayed in this hotel on two occasions- the first time being 5 years ago and again very recently

the changes are amazing - the hotel is now very clean and tidy, They have obviously spent a lot of time doing this place up

The showers are nice and hot and very clean, the breakfast is prompt and served with a smile

Ok, So this is not the Ritz but it is a friendly, Warm and welcoming little B&B with a central location

I have found the staff very eager to help you and their english has certainly improved since the last time i was there

I would recommend this little hotel to anyone wanting to spend a short break in Rome

• Liked — Wonderfull Cental Location
  • Disliked — PErhaps a bit too small
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2007

A group of 14 came for the rugby,7 couples we checked in to the very cleanhotel where nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
The linen was changed daily, the breakfast was excellent.
It felt like home from home, would definately recommend it for anyone visiting the city, it is near the termini and you are able to see the sites. Easy acsess to all areas.!!!!!

Stayed March 2007
Providence, RI
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2006

Hotel Pavia is a very well located hotel but when it comes to cleanliness, it is FILTHY and VERY old. Do not go there! We spent our last night in Italy there and I did not even dare walk barefeet on the carpet. The lobby is very dirty and the rooms are even more surprisingly dirty. Our room was also a smoking room so we had to smell tobacco all night. And I almost forgot to say that the shower licks... To sum up, it is supposedly a three star hotel that should be a one star. To avoid by any means!

Brisbane
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2006

I have to add my voice to the chorus of complaint about this hotel. My wife and I visited it for three days in January 2003 on a package deal advertised in CIT. Every negative comment in the Trip Advisor reviews was true for the Pavia then.

My wife insisted that we find somewhere else after one night in the Pavia, although budget constraints forced us to witness the "fun" for the full three days.

I think my favourite memory is of the morning that commenced with a cold shower and the disintegration of the concertina curtain to the bathroom, followed by a meagre breakfast doled out with Dickensian parsimony, when an American service man politely complained to stoney faced management about the fact that the toilet in his room lacked a seat.

It is a case where "location, location location" does not cut it.

• Stayed January 2003
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2005

"Try having a cold shower where the shower head sticks out of the wall, in a room the size of a wardrobe -you could sit on the loo, brush your teeth and have a cold shower at the same time, while getting tangled up in the soggy shower curtain."

I laughed my "---" off when I read this. I just got back from this hole and coud not have said it better my self! I was going to discribe it as the true meaning of Shower and Shave, all without moving! My wife and I discussed going to another hotel and opted to stay the extra night at the Pavia so as not to loose valuble vacation time. Location made it very easy to get around but in the end it just sucked staying there! This should be a one star at best hotel. Do yourself a favor and don't, I repeat don't stay here.

• Stayed November 2005
Jamison, Pa.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2005

We stayed at the Pavia for two nights in Nov. I thought the staff was wonderful. The breakfast was served with a smile and it was nice to have the free internet to email our children. However, the bathroom was simply an accordian door separating the amenities. The toilet was literally three feet away from the bed. I don't think I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2005

Been to Hotel Pavia? Share your experiences!