“"Should b in a Stephen King Movie"” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Pavia
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Gaeta 83, 00185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #1,159 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
“"Should b in a Stephen King Movie"”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked thru Hotwire. Checked in at the dirty ran down non polite desk. Walked up two flights of dirt soaked stairs. Opened our door and about gagged. Room light switch hanging on wall, DIRT everywhere and scum on shower floor. Called and fought with Hotwire about complete refund. Checked out as soon as we checked in. Horrible place to stay period. Trip Advisor needs to look into this Hotel because the Web site is nothing like the actual Hotel. I personally DONOT recommend this Hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Bought this hotel on Hotwire expecting a 3-star hotel. When we arrived, the hotel was filthy dirty. We had to carry our luggage up the stairs to arrive in a dirty room. The bathroom was awful. There was still shower gel on the sink and shower. The bedroom was heavily soiled. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed in months. The walls had visible dirt marks. We didn't stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jamestown, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

stayed 2 nights May 8-10. It is old, dusty, run down, broken down. It does not take much to make me happy with a hotel room. I have stayed in backpack type places in Central America and Asia. I do not need more than a decent place to rest after touring for the day. Advertised as 3 star but they do not put 3 stars on their sign in entry way, must be Rome tourist board doesn't let them. First off, the room is about 7X10 ft(not exaggerating).Shower area is tiny and you are touching the shower curtain always, yuck. Dirty carpets and walls and fridge. All they have to do is replace some things and clean. No breakfast as advertised. Nice view of Baths of Diocleziano next door and very easy walk to Termini. Shame they don't try a little harder, it would be easy fixes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed a total of 4 nights at hotel Pavia, first in tiny room 35 where you basically shower on top of the toilet, the mattress is very hard and the blankets are dirty. Then I was moved to room 33 - it's a triple room. Every day I would wake up with a few bites but since it was sort of humid (it last the first week of November) then I figured it might be mosquitos. However, on my last day (Monday November 5th) I woke up completely red and itchy all over. I checked the mattress and there were bed bugs everywhere. The hotel manager didn't care, he just told the cleaning lady to change the sheets. The hotel staff are not pleasant or helpful and now I am having an allegic reaction to the bites (I have around 50 of them especially around my hands, neck and chest) and I am having my house fumigated just in case. AVOID HOTEL PAVIA AT ALL COSTS.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Having booked The Pavia for my friend and I mainly for its location and price, we were somewhat taken aback when we read some of the adverse comments listed on your web site; we were not looking forward to staying at this hotel.
On arrival we found this small family run hotel within easy walking distance of the main station in a very small and quiet side street. Our check-in went smoothly and we climbed two flights of stairs to reach our room, which although on the small size was immaculately clean with an adequately sized double bed and sufficient wardrobe space.The bathroom had been completely modernised. The balcony overlooked the grounds of the Baths of Diocletian. Yes we did pay a premium for air condioning. Breakfast, served in an annex cellar was more than adequate .
My friend and I feel that some of your published complaints are not only unjustified but some are completely out of date. I must point out that we were the only English speaking people in the Pavia - the other guests being French, Swiss or Italian, all of whom seemed to be satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Overland Park, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Close to main train station, economical, very dated, very helpful staff, quiet.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We chose this hotel as it was in an excellent location. We read some reviews but was not put off. I am pleased we wasnt. This hotel is very basic, but as we are only sleeping there I did not see this as a problem. For the price we paid compared to local hotels I would recommend this. The staff were all so helpful and friendly. I could not say a bad word about them. It is currently undergoing refrub as the rooms are a little tired, but this is to be expected.It is very quiet concidering the location and we slept straight through.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Pavia? Share your experiences!