“Best beatiful view...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #522 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Istanbul, Turkey
“Best beatiful view...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We can see the Fontana De Trevi from our room.Romantic , rustic , great atmosphere...

Room Tip: A little bit noisy...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

313 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

I would have to say that this is my favourite hotel. I love Rome, I love the Trevi Fountain, and the Hotel Fontana is literally in front of it; what more could you ask for?

Photo attached is taken from our bedroom window

It has a very rustic feel, very romantic and captivating,as all rooms are different. It's charm lies in the fact that it is not a chain hotel with uniform presentation and a traditional English breakfast. The Fontana is enchanting and authentic. In summary I have made my husband promise to take me back.
Wow.

• Stayed May 2012
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

location, location, location! our family stayed in the Hotel Fontana at the beginning of a five week holiday in Italy. In this hotel the rooms were spacious, clean, the staff were friendly, and it had a great atmosphere. Would most definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Belo Horizonte, MG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Staying in the front of the Fontana di Trevi is priceless as you have a chance to see it early in the morning or later at night when it is not crowded.
Besides the location, I really like the staff at Fontana Hotel. I arrived there after a bad experience in a hotel nearby and they were really kind getting me a last minute room, that was really small, but it was all they had. As they didn't have available rooms for all days I was going to stay, they helped me find and book a hotel close by. They also speak perfect English, what is pretty rare in hotels of this level in Italy.
Breakfast there was also a great experience. Traditional Italian food right in front of the Fontana di Trevi!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Went to Rome for my wife's birthday and loved the Hotel it helped make the holiday and to have a view of the Trevi fountains was just brilliant. The hotel isn't cheap but then Rome isn't. The hotel has a simple, Italian feel to it and is quite basic which adds to the lovely feel of the place. Its amazingly central to all the main sites which is a bonus.We spent ages just people watching out of the window at the tourists below. There is a real buzz around the fountain and you hear a lot of laughter.

Staff were just brilliant and I agree with the comments about the coffee being strong!! it was. I loved the hotel, loved the fountains and loved Rome. I couldn't imagine a holiday in Rome and not being at this hotel. 10/10 for me.

Room Tip: We were in room 207 which was just brilliant. No idea what the other rooms were like but this was ex...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed here for our wedding anniversary, and weren't disappointed.
We weren't expecting the Ritz-Carlton, and it wasn't, but it does have an unrivalled location. Our room had, as promised, a stunning view over the Trevi fountain, which gave a very romantic flavour to the whole trip.
The room was clean and pleasant, and not as small as some city centre hotels. The staff at reception were friendly and helpful. The breakfast room on the top floor also has a view of the fountain, and serves a reasonable range of pasties and cold meats and cheeses - although the coffee was so thick and strong that we had to go out for a decent one afterwards. Fortunately Rome is full of places for decent coffee, and there are scores of cafes around the hotel, as well as some very decent restaurants (see separate review for Al Moro, strongly recommended and very close by).
It is also an ideal central location for seeing Rome on foot. Over three days we walked from the hotel to the Pantheon (very close), the Vatican (further), the Villa Borgese and the Coliseum. All comfortable walks through fabulous city streets, though our legs ached when we got home.

Room Tip: Don't miss the fountain view!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I love Rome, I love everything about Rome, and the location of this hotel is absolutely stunning. The room is more than adequate (although I would avoid booking the breakfast in advance - I'm a fan of the usual cured meats, breads etc. that are usually on offer for breakfast in Italy but I found the meat incredibly fatty and the bread chewy - there are many restaurants around which do cheap nice breakfasts)

We got a room facing the fountain and the view in the morning of the Trevi fountain is unbeatable - I brought my girlfriend to Rome to propose and the room, area, city, everything was perfect.

If you're going to Rome to live in your hotel room for a few days then this might not suit - but if you're the type who goes out walking the streets and seeing the sights then you cannot get better than this. The beds were very roomy and comfortable and clean and there was always hot water.

A+

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the fountain, it makes the whole experience amazing. When we were staying ther...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Fontana Hotel? Share your experiences!