“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
London
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Whenever I am in Rome, I always pay a visit to La Trattoria del Pesce to enjoy a wonderful fish meal. My last visit was no exception. The staff is really friendly, the owner is an intelligent and well-travelled young man, and the whole atmosphere is very cosy and welcoming. The restaurant is always full of locals, which is a good sign. I loved their grilled fish - the freshest I've ever had - and I can't do without their ricotta and chocolate dessert!
There's a wonderful selection of wines, and all the dishes are made with lots of care and nicely presented.
Very fairly priced, too. Highly recommended!

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and a great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Amazing fish restaurant in Rome. The fish quality was incredible. I enjoyed my dinner with my two friends Tuesday evening. I wish i had more days in Rome to give it another visit and order what i did not get the chance to order. I highly recommend it...i loved the parmigiana di pesce azzurro, Tortino di patate con pesce azzurro,calamari e gamberi rosa di Mazara...if i remember well,,,Mezzi paccheri di Gragnano ai gamberi rossi di Mazara del Vallo e limoni di Amalfi...Superb ....Thanks trip advisor for this recommendation. Prices are reasonable aswell.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
marrakech
“The best seafood in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

I have just returned from a romantic break staying at the Hassler Roma. We heard about this restaurant and decided to book a table.
I am so glad we went. The owner called Federico kindly explained to us all about his dishes and which wine would be best for each course.
The seafood was the freshest I have ever tasted!
The next time I am back in Rome, this is the first place I will be revisiting!
Keep up the good work and thank you for such a lovely evening.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great reviews ... Exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Having done our homework before a romantic weekend to Rome with my wife, we headed over to the Monteverde area of Rome for to sample this "Excellent little gem".

We treated ourselves to the one of the platters you see in the photos, followed by seafood pasta. The antipasti was truly memorable, with stand out dishes of fish based parmigana and smokey octopus with chickpeas. I'm not a big eater of raw fish, but my wife ordered the sea bream carpaccio, and loved it! I asked the manager, who I found to be very professional and attentive, how fresh the fish was, and he said to me that they catch the fish in the morning for the lunch service and the fish in the afternoon for the evening service. Can't get much fresher than that.

The seafood pasta was well cooked, and they didn't scimp on the seafood. We washed it down with a bottle of pinot bianco from a small provider in tuscany. Great combination.

All in all, we went based on the excellent reviews, and it exceeded our expectations. The quality of the food and the attentive service were first-class.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“Extremely poor service! Just a joke!!! Very rude!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have been at this restaurant after some research over the internet, but I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED!

The owner, even if he did live abroad I guess he didn't take with him the 'best practices' of foreign gourmet restaurants!
The owner was unable to juggle multiple requests (even if the restaurant is pretty small!)...

He's been very 'talkative & generous' in explaining what was on offer on the 'a la carte menu' with his friends (people he personally knew already!)...

The waiters kept on laughing all the time, they said the any 'surrounding' music was not allowed due to the tiny shape of the restaurant (which is pretty absurd! In any other small restaurant in Rome I managed to find some music in the background)
The fish was average, surely not as good as the price I payed for!
Last, but not least, when I asked for a cab, the owner rushed me out!

They've got a very steep learning curve on how to treat and serve their customers!
So far, I highly DON'T recommend this 'sort of restaurant'...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere