5 mins walk from Roma Termini, Hotel looks like one of the nicer hotels in the area and being a little away from the hustle and bustle was actually quite nice.
The hotel overall is of a good standard , the reception area is certainly attractive as was our room though small was decorated to a high modern standard and very clean, we couldnt fault- decent bed, air con, safe, amazing shower. Breakfast was good for in Italy, plenty of choice. The terrace bar is certainly a good idea!
There a a couple of things that just take the edge off the hotel:
- They seem to run the hotel on minimal staff
- Reception staff were grumpy
- Wifi only worked in reception not in the rooms
- You have to let reception know you are going to the terrace bar as they have to send the porter up - there is no bell to get attention up there so you could wait forever!
-Service in the breakfast room is non existant, the staff did not come out to replenish milk for cereal, take coffee orders etc so there was a constant flow of customers were having to go into the kitchen to ask
I would recommend the hotel, they just have a few 'customer service' blips to iron out!
- Also Known As:
- Alpi Hotel Rome
- Hotel Alpi Rome
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A splendid example of late 1800’s Art Nouveau style set like a jewel in the centre of the Capital. Situated a few steps away from the Termini Train Station, the Villa Borghese Gardens and the charm of the renowned Via Veneto, the Hotel Alpi provides the perfect setting for a stay in Rome. Relax on the sunny terrace! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, World Independent Hotel Promotion, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Alpi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.