“Great service with friendly safe driver” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Transfers from Rome Airport to Civitavecchia Rome Airport to Rome centerTransfers Day Tour from Rome to Amalfi cost,Florence,Siena,ecc...
Keith, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Great service with friendly safe driver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We used this service recently when 6 of us for Scotland spent 5 days in Rome. Christians picked us up from our guest house in Trastevere and took us on a personal tour of the city showing us all the main sites and stopping on the doorstep of all the attractions.

Christiano was extremely friendly and used his local to great effect getting around the city as well as using his wealth of knowledge about the city to give us information about everywhere we visited.

We also used their service as a transfer to Fumicino airport.

Both services were great value for money and we would not hesitate to use their services again.

Raleigh
“No show for Rome city center to cruise port transfer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We booked a driver from our hotel near the Colosseum to the port at Civitavecchia. I provided our hotel name and street address, as well as my phone number and email address. The next morning, as we awaited our 10 am pickup, I got worried that the driver might go to the wrong pickup point, as we were not at the main branch of the hotel, but rather a separate apartment a few streets over. I sent a quick note to the email address I'd been corresponding with to be sure to point out we were not at the main hotel site, and double checked that the appropriate address was on our confirmation. I did not get a response to the email, and no driver showed up. We waited and waited, and eventually my husband ran over to the main building of the hotel. The man at the desk conveyed that the driver had been there and waited for some time and had already left. My husband gave Antonio's number to the man at the desk, and whether it didn't go through or they didn't pick up is not clear (not great English). We were now nearly 40 minutes after when we wanted to be on our way to the port. So, we grabbed up our massive two-week-cruise suit cases and started speed walking to the train station. I sent another email to Antonio, asking him to have a driver pick us up along the way, since my mother has bad knees and none of us were dressed for this occasion. We walked all the way to the train station, as there were no cabs passing by big enough to accommodate us, and of course our driver never showed. I did not hear back from Antonio until several hours later, when he told me the driver had been at the main hotel and then gone to the other address. I know he did not go to the other address, because we were standing outside of that building for quite some time after he supposedly had left the main building.

Fortunately, the train station was fairly easy to navigate, and the train ride was just fine. If we have it to do again, we'll plan a large cab ahead to the station and train to save money. It was just really unfortunate to have the start of our vacation be so sweaty and stressful, when we had done all of the planning to have it run smoothly.

I would have been understanding that the driver was a bit late given the address confusion, but for the driver to sit at the other building, never double check the address on the confirmation, and never use my provided phone or email information is absolutely unacceptable. The fact that this business is being run off a gmail address should have been my first indication that it is less than professional.

ADELAIDE
“BRILLIANT SERVICE FROM TERRIFIC TRANSFER COMPANY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We booked Antonio Cagnoli & sons from Australia via the internet many months before travelling (for the first time) to Rome. The first thing that impressed us with the prompt & reassuring replies to my email enquiries.

We were extremely impressed with their service. They were always early, extremely helpful, carried many pieces of luggage into and out of the car on a few occasions with no fuss. We had Christiano and David (we think.... family friend of Antonio & Son) and they were really lovely. As we travelled with friends, at times they had two drop off and pick up points, but this was not trouble at all.

We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this company for transfers in Rome. They were so good we used them exclusively in Rome.

We did not pay for this service until the driver had delivered us to our destination, even though we had booked many months prior. We found their rates to be very comparable with others online and the service was impeccable. Well done to Antonio Cagnoli & Son. We hope to see you again in Rome dome day.
Anthony & Bernadette (Adelaide, Australia)

Visited September 2013
CA
23 attraction reviews
“Unfriendly Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a transfer from the Rome Airport to our hotel. On the plus side Antonio was waiting for us at the airport and did get us to our destination. However, when we arrived he never introduced himself to us and was extremely unfriendly, almost to the point of sounding angry, making no effort to converse with us the entire time way into Rome. He had us wait on the sidewalk with our bags and went to get the car. Once in the car he took our voucher and said that the person who booked our tour did not charge us enough. We had no intention of paying him any more than what was negotiated before hand. As far as I knew, he was the one whom I was communicating with all along.
Anyway, we finally got to our location after he had difficulty finding the hotel. We just thought it was overall poor customer service and would not recommend this company.

Visited October 2013
Antonio C, Owner at Antonio Cagnoli and Son Day Tours, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Answer has this review.
  Customers who have taken to the hotel which remained outside the center of Rome.
Upon arrival I was waiting for them on the trip and I just said the price was less than I had done had left because their hotel far from the center.
I told him that I had made ​​a discount.
After that, here their gratitude, but they are my other reviews that talk for me
I apologize if maybe I was not very sympathetic.
Antonio Cagnoli & Son
“Our Savior!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I looked all over the Internet to find a quality private transport to get us from the port in Civitavecchia to FCO airport in time for the flight home after our cruise (when I booked the flight home I had no idea it was as far away from port as I originally thought). I found Antonio Cagnoli and Son not only the fairest in price of all the others, but also highly recommended by trusted travel sites. I reserved months ahead of time and received email confirmation with booking number and contact information. I was never charged anything up front. The only requirement was that you give notice ahead of time if you couldn't make it (that's unheard of in in business these days). We were met by Antonio Cagnoli Sr. himself, ahead of time, with my name on a white board (not magic marker on cardboard). Made us feel special. We had more luggage than expected but he made it work. Price was as promised with no hidden extras. This is definitely a professional man with a quality business. While talking to him, he said he has been doing this since 1973 and loves his job. It showed. I highly recommend Antonio Cagnoli and Son for any future private transport you may need while staying in Italy!!!!!