“Great location, average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Homs Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via della Vite 71 / 72, 00187 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #622 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Michigan
“Great location, average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location minutes away from the Spanish steps, and fabulous shopping...Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc. The room, however, could have used a facelift. We had a suite on the 4th floor. One part of the room the AC worked like a charm, the other part of the suite, it felt the the AC was blowing out hot air. I called the front desk, and they sent someone up. The maintenance man had a mini argument with me in Italian and told me it worked perfectly. Then plowed me over, and out the door he went.

Taking a shower the next morning, and pieces of the brass were falling off into the tub...the water temp was luke warm at best.

The front desk did arrange transportation for us to the airport, and the bellman aka maintenance man came up to get our bags, and ran over my toes with my suitcase.

Location awesome, accommodations not so much!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
C_Assonitis, Direttore generale at Homs Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Thank for your time to review us! We do apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay. We're trying hard to make sure they do not happen again with other guests.

We appreciate your words about location. We hope to see you again the next time your travel plans will bring you in Rome.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

My stay at the Homs Hotel was great. From arranging the pick up at the airport to a speedy check-in, the staff was extremely helpful. The location is great, just feet from the Spanish Steps and the Metro. Dinner at the hotel restaurant was delicious. I needed a late checkout and was able to keep my room until 1:00pm.

BiancaVu, Direttore generale at Homs Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Dear Guest, thank you for your excellent review.
We hope to see you again.
Best regards
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a lovely hotel and very close to the sightseeing trails of Rome. Also, it is in an area with many designer stores and even if you don't want to buy, it's great to look at! Our room was on 4th floor - plus! We had to walk up a flight of stairs from the lift, and then another inside our suite to reach the rooms - but it was worth the trek.

We were rewarded for the climb up from Base Camp with a lovely suite that included a huge private rooftop terrace, with great views over the rooftops of Rome. We also had a large double bedroom with TV, a sitting room with another TV and mini bar, and bathroom (very pretty). There was a wardrobe which included a safe, too. I think it was called something like the Cupola Suite, so if you want space and views, that's the one to ask about. The roof terrace was ideal for escaping the traffic fumes in the afternoon and was very pleasant to sit out with a glass or two of wine in the evening.

Breakfast was basically continental and it was assumed that was OK, so if you want other than that do make sure you specify. But it was ample to start the day so no real complaint.

Room Tip: Ask about size & location so that if you want views you are not stuck at the back. Go higher up...
Bianca V, Direttore at Homs Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest, we are pleased that you had a good time during your stay in Hotel Homs. We hope to have you as a guest soon. Best regards.
NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel Homs in Rome is located near the Spanish Steps and upscale shopping. The hotel is nice but I feel that they lack amenities for the price point. I have stayed at other comparable priced hotels in the area that include breakfast and Wi-Fi.

The bathroom is decorated nicely but is not functional in the set up. The shower head is located in the middle of the wall and the glass only covers 1/2 the length of the tub. I was not able to use my own hair dryer even with a converter due to their wiring. I had to use the hotel hair dryer that demanded my hand on the button the entire time to run. The bed was hard and pillows flat. Lastly, only one English speaking channel - CNN.

To me, the Reception with their expertise and customer service were the best thing about this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a room above the reception (front of the hotel). I was unable to sleep due to the we...
Bianca V, Direttore at Homs Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear guest, we are sorry that you had not a good time during stay in Hotel Homs. The next time talk with the reception about the problem with the room. We hope to see you again.
Goxhill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

We'd had yet another busy morning walking to the many attractions nearby..... It was warm and we were ready for a break. Came across this hotel and Vuda Bar in it. Sat outside to watch the world go by, the waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. I asked her to recommend a wine for me, which she promptly brought poured a snifter with the proviso if I didn't like she'd bring me another. It was perfect. My husband had a local draught beer all served with fresh olives, canapés and nibbles. Was a very pleasant interlude and we stayed for a couple of hours. If you are in this area try it, you won't be disappointed. Hostel inside was very smart and clean, very professional and polite.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
C_Assonitis, Direttore generale at Homs Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Thank you very much for your nice review. We appreciate all you wrote about our Vudabar (wine, service and location) as well about our rooms. We do hope to see you again very soon!
Fullerton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights last week. Very pleased with the experience. Located in a lovely spot in Rome with everything you need a couple steps away.

My room was a lot bigger than expected. Not sure if I just got lucky or they are all that size but very satisfied with the room. Only complaints I have are with the Wifi connection. They charge you 3 euro for 1 hr or 10 euro for 24 hours of Wifi which is robbery.

The customer service was not that great but when you are in Rome, you get used to that. All in all, I would definitely recommend staying here especially if the price is right.

Bianca V, Direttore at Homs Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Guest, the Wifi on the computer in reception is free. We are sorry if you had some problems with costumer services, next time talk with us about it. We hope to see you again.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This is my 3d time at hotel homes . my room was very small but nice. the location great. the reception employee ok. after all you go to Rome for the city not for the hotel . just be glad to visit one of the most beautiful city in the world. our next visit will be with the family so we will stay in a 2 bedroom apartment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bianca V, Direttore at Homs Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2014

Been to Homs Hotel? Share your experiences!