“Why Fi?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Palace Luxury

Save Saved
You added Royal Palace Luxury to your Saves list
Royal Palace Luxury
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via delle Carrozze 36, 00187 Rome, Italy (Campo Marzio)   |
Ranked #1,120 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Singapore, Singapore
“Why Fi?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

Amazing location and only went for a drink. We (and a number of other customers) largely chose the place for the free WiFi - which didn't work and got "maybe later" when we asked them to check it. Expensive but average at best.

• Stayed September 2012

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Grootlo, Brabant, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

This hotel has an ideal location in the historic center near the Spanish steps. The breakfast is well cared for. The main negative point is the noise from the street in the evening by tourist and in the morning by the street cleaners and/or garbage men. The air blowing system can not switched off and makes noise the whole night.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cardiff
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Where do I start?!
Until coming to review this restaurant I had no idea it was belonging to a hotel.
We had a bottle of prosecco- it was warm!! We asked for a bucket of ice which didn't come until we had finished our mains.
The food was awful; our starters were cold, but we just gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought our mains would be good. (The restaurant is in such a good location it is impossible to believe it could be as bad as it was!!) When our mains came they were disgusting, but we ate as much as we could manage as we were so hungry and unable to get any of the waitresses attention. I don't understand how any restaurant in Rome could serve such atrocious pasta.
The service was awful.. The waitresses had very bad personalities and manners. They had no idea what they were doing. They took our cutlery away with our starters and brought our mains and left us without cutlery. Five minutes later a waitress came outside and we asked her for cutlery- she returned with just forks for us!
It is situated down a cobbled street just opposite the Spanish steps; it's a lovely location.. Nice to sit outside and watch the world go by- but there was some dodgy light by our table which flashed constantly throughout our meal giving us both a headache. We asked to waitress to turn it off but she just went inside and came back having done nothing to solve the situation. The light near us was obviously faulty as the others were fine and looked really nice.
I hope you don't read this and just think I'm really fussy.. I'm not. It was genuinely an awful evening meal. I'm just happy I had lovely company in such an amazing city.
PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE.
ps- the toilets were very dirty

Room Tip: Didn't stay, just had the misfortune of eating in the restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

Location is nice if you don't want to walk far. Right down the street from Spanish steps and many shops. This hotel also has free wifi. That's about it for positive things. Negatives...dragging ur luggage down the cobble stone streets isn't fun. Hotel is EXTREMELY hot! The AC is on but not doing much. The higher the floor, the hotter. Elevator doesn't go to top floor. Front desk said get off and take a couple of steps to my room. Try more like a flight of stairs!! I'm able bodied, but for seniors or someone with a disability, this is not acceptable. My toilet wouldn't stop running. Had to run down in my pjs to get help. Was embarrassing. They give you a huge key. And a big heavy keychain. Only hotel I've stayed in that gives you a key not a card. Found one English channel on their tv. No news stations. Stayed at other hotels this week and this wasn't the situation. Hotel is hard to find. Trekking bags in the heat trying to find it wasn't my idea of fun. I did get a complementary 20 minute massage. Girl was very nice but confusion between her and front desk over vouchers. She said I needed it. I ran down. They said I didn't. Over all I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012
nj
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

When we arrived at this restaurant in the hotel we choose to dine in the inside area since the outside patio was crowded. When we got seated the only other table inside had a guy openly groping another girl at the same table. The girl was visibly resisting but the guy forced her to the floor. We were so disgusted at the sight we cancelled our order. The waitress and everyone who worked there obviously knew the guy and was initially ignoring his actions, they finally called him by the name 'Roberto' asking him to stop after we complained to the waitress. If I had to guess I'd say the person is the manager or owner of the restaurant. Afterwards, this 'Roberto' then turned to harass our waitress who was got really upset and was visibly crying. Looking around there's literally no good review on this restaurant, so make sure you AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS! they doesn't deserve any penny for this action.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The only thing I can say is great location. This hotel is without a doubt the worse hotel I have stayed in. They give themselves a 4 star rating but I would not give them a 1/2 star. The hotel staff were rude and unwilling to listen to or resolve any problems. The air conditioner does not work, the toilet did not flush correctly, the carpets were stained, and the room had the smell of urine. Other guests had the same problems. We were booked for 3 nights but after the first night checked into another hotel. Don't let this hotel spoil your vacation to Italy, stay some where else.

Room Tip: Stay some where else
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
kingston, rh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

The hotel and the restauraunt is run by people from Ukraine. I am unsure if they are legally in Italy. When my daughter, my friend and I went to eat at their so-called "restaurant", we were greeted with nothing but rudeness and attitude. Go to this place ONLY if you are looking for a place to have your vacation spoiled!!! On top of everything, they serve wine in the restaurant of unknown origin and their food is terrible. The staff does not even know their own menu, including and not limited to dishes that are traditional to the part of Rome where they are located! The place is a dump! Be smart and stay away, there are many more places that you are guaranteed a better place. In fact, I believe, that any place is better than this one!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Royal Palace Luxury? Share your experiences!