“Fantastic hotel, great staff” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Hotel Sant Anna Roma
Borgo Pio 134, 00193 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #83 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
“Fantastic hotel, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Me, my wife and young son stayed here in June/July in a family room. Have been to Rome a few times before and can honestly say this is the best hotel we've stayed in. Great location and the welcome on arrival was great. Room was nice and big and clean too. When we had to unexpectedly extend our stay (big family trip and my wife's mother ended up in hospital) the staff at Hotel Sant Anna really went the extra mile, ensuring we wouldn't lose the room and helping me with the baby when my wife was visiting her mum. Great, great hotel and wouldn't hesitate in recommending to anyone going to Rome. Will definitely book again.

• Stayed July 2013

128 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is, I think, my fifth stay here and again, I would not stay anywhere else while in Rome. The hotel is located only a block from the Vatican, two blocks from the Sistine Chapel, five minute walk to the castle, and about seven minute walk to the metro.

Aside from that, the rooms and incredible service at this hotel are absolutely not to be beaten. Elizabetha, at the front desk, has become like a friend whom I email when I first know my dates for Rome. Every room I have had here has been marvelous. A couple of years ago they updated all of the bathrooms which now are extremely modern and clean with marble everywhere and wonderful showers. None of those small European half showers here. The baths are simply wonderful. My room this time had a balcony which was perfect for relaxing at night. It faced the interior courtroom which was quite and peaceful. It was room 10, and I think I'll ask for it next time I'm in town. It was perfect.

The breakfast down in the cellar is always wonderful and plentiful. This is one of the few hotels that offers blood orange juice which is one of my favorites. There are fresh, hot pastries, fresh fruit, meats, cheeses, and cereals with yogurt and other items. No one would leave here hungry. I had a very early departure, but they arranged for me to have an early breakfast so I would not leave the hotel hungry. I ate while the ladies set up the breakfast and they catered to my every desire which is the norm for this hotel.

There is a computer in the lobby for guests to use, and the password is given to you at the front desk.

I cannot say enough positive things about this hotel or the staff that I have come to know and appreciate. You get great location, fantastic rooms and five star service here. Why go anywhere else. You can't put a price on the quality of Hotel Sant Anna Roma. If you're planning a trip to Rome, plan your stay around this hotel. You will love every minute of it. And say Hello to the staff for me!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Marana, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We enjoyed staying here. Everyone from the maids to the owner were welcoming. They spoke pretty good english and were helpful with my italian. An excellent breakfast came with the price of the room. It is an excellent location near the Vatican and other sightseeing areas. At the time of the year the room became a little warm until we alerted them to leaving the A/C on during the night. They have WiFi, but check your emails in the lobby. We would stay there again if we go to Rome.

Room Tip: Any room would be good because the hotel is very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Have see this hotel a number of times when visiting vatican and was on my list to stay there. Was not disappointed. Reception staff very welcoming during my stay and an excellent breakfast was available. Room comfortable with marbled bathroom and air conditioning throughout. A stone's throw from Vatican and have no hesitation in making a retun booking

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
boulder, colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My yearly routine rarely varies: a train from Assisi to Rome, a taxi through the city passing by St. Peter's Square and in a few more moments I'm standing in front of the Hotel Sant Anna Roma on Borgo Pio feeling as though I have returned to a sweet oasis. I'm greeted warmly by the wonderful front desk person in a lovely reception area (and I often see other Americans that I know there). I take the tiny elevator upstairs to a beautifully decorated room and relax for about ten minutes before zipping down the stairs and out the door to walk the very short distance (past a couple of shops and restaurants) to St. Peter's Square. Of course, the Vatican museums are very close by also, and the gorgeous religious articles and book stores that line Via Conciliazione. When I return I will enjoy a shower in the spotlessly clean bathroom, and then take a walk to one of the many outdoor restaurants for a terrific Italian dinner. The hotel is small, elegant...but also warm and inviting, and they serve an excellent breakfast in the downstairs dining room. I have no desire to ever stay in another hotel in Rome. This one is just perfect. The location allows me to go back and forth to the Vatican, to visit lots of shops and museums, restaurants and then get a great night's sleep in a quiet and lovely room. Perfect!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Coronado CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Hotel Sant Anna has always been our hotel of choice when visiting Rome (we have stayed here at least four times). The staff is most helpful and friendly, and the location can't be beat. Breakfast is a treat as well. The location is exceptional - you are close to St. Peter's, Castelo San Angelo, Piazza Navona across the Tiber, and many other sights. Ask the staff for restaurant recommendations: we were not disappointed when trying their suggestions. I would say to venture off the hotel's street for meals, as the restaurants are touristy. There are many others nearby that are good. Also, be sure to get directions to Giolitti, a great gelato shop near Piazza Navona.

When we are fortunate enough to return to Rome, we will chose the Sant Anna.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the hotel are quieter. But rooms in the front let you watch the street scene...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a charming hotel 2 blocks from the Vatican on a nice street with restaurants, shops and local activity. It is not a noisy street. The hotel offers a nice breakfast and staff are friendly and very helpful. Our quiet room next to the small elevator had a little balcony overlooking courtyard with standard amenities but no English speaking channels on tv. Nearest Metro is about 15 min walk. We enjoyed our 4 night stay and recommend this family operated hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Hotel Sant Anna Roma? Share your experiences!