“Perfect Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Santa Prisca

You added Hotel Santa Prisca to your Saves list
Hotel Santa Prisca
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Largo Manlio Gelsomini, 25, 00153 Rome, Italy (Testaccio)   |
Ranked #563 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Davos, Switzerland
“Perfect Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

All I wanted to see and do could be found in walking distance from this hotel that is situated in a residential area. My double room for single use was very small and heading to a very noisy street. No chance to sleep with open windows. Nevertheless, the (free) WLAN worked perfectly and the (middle class) hotel all together matched my expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The staff member on Reception completely ignored me upon arrival and was unsmiling and monosyllabic when I asked to check in. My room - No.106 - was very basic with a small single bed that was too short for me. Lino on the floor. No tea / coffee making facilities. Toilet faced bidet but so close together that you needed to be an acrobat to use either. Miniscule shower cubicle. Breakfast offering was minimal - not even any fresh bread or fruit for example. Italian guests were offered capuccino or espresso; I never was. A very long walk from central tourist sights although close to Circus Maximus. Definitely an establishment to avoid.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

This was a lovely, clean and homely stay. You will know from my pictures why. Firstly let me address the issues that some of the reviewers mentioned here - the shower is small but let me tell you I am not petite and I could enter the shower with my toddler of 2.4 yrs and close the shower door as well. We cleaned up pretty good. My husband too is no where near petite and he managed well enough. We loved the way they cleaned up the room and bathroom. There was a bell boy who helped bring in an additional bed to the room when they saw we were with a toddler. At first they were unsure why we had only booked a double bed, so they generously gave us an additional bed at no additional cost, though we were sure we were not going to use it. The gentlemen at the front desk were very helpful. The breakfast although limited in choice - cereal, croissant(try the chocolate ones), biscuits/crackers and spreads(butter, an interesting honey and marmalades) was good enough to last us through lunch, esp. if you are a good boy/girl ;-) who eats whatever is given to you. The capaccino(mmmmmmmmm..) ...what can I say simply amazing. Whoever complained about the old man who was rude and did not provide the capaccino, you may have ticked him off. He has a swift manner of clearing up dishes and serving which may be mistaken for rudeness. Seriously he is a very sweet man..just his style/way of moving around(you know Italians are known for being expressions through actions and words - they move their arms about while speaking which I think is delightful). The other coffee on the breakfast brunch was also good. I normally get affected by acidity after too much coffee(2 is too much for me usually) but in this case, I found the coffee did not affect me that way and was particularly invigorating! I found this place to be like home away from home. The fact that it was a convent earlier was also good to know. The surrounding areas were excellent for shopping as well as contained several pizzerias. In particular there is a pizzeria near Ostiense metro which is run by Egyptians(who also speak Italian). I think it is called 7Ostiense which had a wide variety of Pizzas, Lasagne and Shawarma. You can get beer at 2.5 or 3 euros as take away. The one thing we found lacking in Roma was that if you asked anyone on bus or tram routes, they would refer to google, so try and get a good map from the airport or use the one provided at front desk. It would take you maybe half a day to a day to form your own routes from and back to the hotel. My husband prided himself in the fact that he figured out the routes better than some of the locals even! :)

The lady who arrived in the morning when we were checking out also guided us to a shopping area and fleet market right behind the opposite road from the hotel which helped us buy some of the goodies from Roma before leaving for India. We enjoyed our stay at Santa Prisca and would never hesitate to stay with them again should we return to Roma.

Room Tip: We stayed in 114 on the first floor. One night when they had the game on it was noisy for about 10 m...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Bognor Regis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

This hotel was ideal for the brief time we had in Rome - good for transport links, only 5 euro taxi from Ostense station which brought us from Fuimicino. Metro just down road and buses pass front of hotel. It is quiet as it is above the level of the road. It is clean and adequately furnished. Clean bathroom with shower. Friendly staff. Free internet and wifi and they printed our boarding passes for nothing. Excellent price for a double room. Brilliant local, cheap restaurants that make you feel welcome.
Only downside was breakfast (included in price) - orange squash, stewed coffee from an urn, cereal, no toast or bread, biscuits and mediocre pastries. But what do you expect from a budget hotel near the centre of such a city?
Would go again tomorrow.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bensheim, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

The room is ok, but the breakfast is very poor and the man that serves the coffee is unwilling and does not even try to be friendly.

The worst part of the hotel is an old man that works in the reception, he is very rude, impolite and unkind.

I would never stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
New York, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for a few days after Christmas. It is an affordable gem in a neighborhood easily accessible to all of Rome's sites. Testaccio, the neighborhood in which the hotel is located, has great restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. It's a wonderful area to stroll in and avoid the tourist traps found in other neighborhoods. There is no such thing as a tourist trap in this area. The restaurants are spectacular. If you like the nightlife, this is a good location, as there are several bars and nightclubs just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The attractions (Pantheon, Vatican, Piazza Navona, Trastevere, etc...) are about a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel. It's also very convenient to the Colosseum; a street leading directly to it runs just in front of the hotel. The staff working at this hotel are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

Right next to the independence park and the over-two thousand year old Piramide of Gaius Cestius, which is really close to a major Metro rail hub (but not close enough where you can hear any noise). This gated property welcomed me after my long flight from the US, and allowed me into the room early instead of just holding the bags while I went to Ostia Antica.

This place was a recommendation by a guy who owns a company in Rome that sells me sculpture supplies and rare stones, and I'm happy that I stopped by.

The cleaning crew is really thorough here, no problems. I was on a tight schedule, and when checking out in the morning they knew I didn't have time for breakfast, but they graciously offered me to at least have a made-to-order coffee. The air conditioning and cleanliness of the room was a great value, and it was close to the restaurant area of Trastevere. I would stay here again because the price is hard to beat for what you get. Five minutes and one Euro later, you can be at the Termini from here!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Santa Prisca? Share your experiences!