“It's all about location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Abruzzi
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   P.zza della Rotonda, 69, 00186 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #121 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
London
“It's all about location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The Albergo Abruzzi is well located on Piazza della Rotunda, a beautiful square with plenty of restaurants close by. Rooms are small but clean with good shower. Bed not as comfortable as I would like - it was too hard. Noise travels within the hotel - other guests opening their door sounded like our door opening. Double glazed windows kept most external noise out. Breakfast was ok, you can ask for fresh made coffee, barista style. Stay here for the location. The price is very reasonable and the service excellent.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Mikkeli, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel was located perfectly for walking around the major sights in Rome. The room was compact and clean and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The view from our window was amazing and we were able to admire the Pantheon in all different lights. All in all we had a wonderful three days in Rome much thanks to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Room was medium size for Italy. Decorated nicely with a great view of the Piazza Della Rotonda.
Bathroom was small as expected. Shower stall very small.
You do need to carry your bags up at least 1 flight of stairs as the lift is on floor 1 not in reception.
Service was wonderful and all request fulfilled right away.
Staff was helpful friendly and across the Piazza the breakfast cafe was pleasant and had all that was needed to start your day.

• Stayed February 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

After many years at hotels near the Fontana di Trevi ,me and my family looked for a better located hotel. Finally we reserved two rooms at the Hotel Abruzzi and we were not disappoited. The hotel is located just a few steps from the marvelous Pantheon ,in the heart of the old city. The staff is as friendly as possible and every request was promptly fullfiled. The value for money is also very good. Definitely a very high recommended hotel in all aspects!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Dear reader, listen well to me and be advised: Hotel Abruzzi is a small, clean, extremely well located, family run hotel that tries very hard to please. In the case of my wife and I, it succeded. Antonio, the concierge, was especially helpful to us in so many ways. Our 5 day/4night stay offered up many opportunities for him to assist us. Too numerous to mention, I shall mention just two.

Sensing our aniexty to use the ATM across the busy piazza, Antonio offered to send an assistant with me across the the piazza to help if necessary. I declined the kind offer, but I mentally noted that such an offer would never have come from the Crowne Plaza or its clones. On another occasion Antonio directed me to a wonderful nearby travel agent who directly pre-booked a 5 euro train ticket for me to the port of Civitavecchia. No extra fees were asked for, but I did tip the young agent for her superb efforts and directions.

I would be amiss to not warn you of pickpockets, however. My wallet was stolen miles from the hotel by a woman in front of a church (my guard was down). This incident almost derailed our trip, but we were able to salvage it. I have mentally forgiven the woman for my injury. More difficult to pardon, though, is my own naivete (or stupidity if you like) in the incident.

Bottom Line: Rome is an amazing city, and Hotel Abruzzi was definitely a good find for us. I highly recommend it. Thank you, Antonio...it would be difficult indeed to find a better concierge than yourself.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Pantheon (many of their rooms have that view).
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Helston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to The Hotel Abruzzi in August and it really was the best I could have hoped for. The location was absolutely prefect, so central and within walking distance to everything. I really didn't notice any noise at all, even though our room was on the pantheon side. View was fantastic and when it was really hot in the middle of the day it was nice to sit in the room with the windows open and take in the atmosphere. Loads of restaurants and bars around the square, the best one we went to was opposite the front of the pantheon behind the fountain, but I can't remember the name. Great entertainment on the square in the evening as well, I would advise walking all the monuments after dinner, the night time is the best time to catch them. The hotel staff were incredible, nothing was too much trouble, they all spoke fantastic english and booked our tour of the vatican for us, getting picked up from the hotel and dropped back, and they also booked our transfer back to the airport as neither myself or my partner speak any Italian! The breakfast is just what you need, a continental buffet to get you going in the morning, and tides you over until late afternoon. The room is just what you need to rest up after a long days wandering around Rome! Aircon, tea making facilities, cleaned daily (high standards of cleaning), tv (Italian) and all the usual stuff. Comfy bed.

Quite literally, the best holiday I have ever had and a fantastic hotel and staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

The location is amazing . We had a view right across to the Pantheon and took a family room which consisted of two double bedrooms (301-Pantheon view / 302 on the back side )
It's very central so we were able to walk everywhere.

All the reception staff spoke good english and were very welcoming and helpful.

We highly recommend this hotel. Thank you Antonio...
Ozder Family

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Abruzzi? Share your experiences!