“AirportConnection Rome is fraud” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #649 of 688 Attractions in Rome
Type: Transportation, Other
Brussels, Belgium
“AirportConnection Rome is fraud”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We arrived at the airport with a group of 30 students, a second group would arrive with the next flight, so we booked 2 busses. Once at the airport we look for the bus with a sign of our school as they mentioned 150 meters to the right, no bus to be found. We went looking again and again, checked all the people with signs, went to the right, left again. When we called, none of the numbers on their invoice worked. We tried for 2,5 hours but nothing. Finally we arranged for another transport for the two groups and had to pay again. Sitting in that minibus, very upset about what was happening, I check their website on my Iphone, and yes they do exist. There is another phonenumber and to my surprise they answered, this means to get insulted and they just cut the line.
We never got our money back, they even claimed we had to pay extra as we where not there and WE OUR THE GROUP WE ARE NOT. I can laugh with it now, but we lost 1099€ , a lot of stress and no busses!
To give an idea of there fraudelous practice this is the answer they gave me:

When you called at 18.00 PM you where screaming and din not even want to tell your name!
Our representative on the telephone took 5 minutes before you even want to tell your group name.
At the end of your screaming show you told us to our representative that you where gone anyway because you took another bus and you had hanged up the telephone.
During the entire conversation you where screaming and very impolite.
Today we will send you a parking ticket to show you from what time till what time we where at the airport. We also have a tachograph on board on each bus that register all routes dome by bus during the day.
If you pay for a bus and then you take another one it is not very intelligent but surely you have to pay us and we will also charge you for the 3 hours waiting at the airport.
...
Your group arrived at the airport and also meet our driver.(We never did!)
Our driver asked them if it was the group he was waiting for and one of the teachers denied that.
This is unbelievable !!!!!!!!!
A big group of students from Belgium with teachers about the same time your group supposed to arrive and it was not the group…………..
Very strange……..
The driver kept waiting and after called us and he told us what was going on.
Then we calle you and you told us that you made alternative arrangements for the group with another bus company because you thought that we where a non existing company.
Before you have arrived we have been dealing with you by E-mail at least 15 times and we also talked to you on the telephone many times.
In the afternoon when first problem occurred we also talked to you about 5 times.
I think that you should have known by then that it was an existing company.
By the way when we where on the telephone with you last night your group was still at the airport and you have refused to go with our bus and instead you took another bus.
We have insisted with you to take our bus but you started laughing making full of our representative.
Our representative reported that he has the impression that you probably have abused of alcohol as there was really nothing to laugh at that point.
We had again a second bus waiting at the airport for another 3 hours and it did not seem very funny to us.
Also for this transfer we will send you a parking ticket to show you from what time till what time we where at the airport.
At this point I do not think there is much to laugh about.
We never had such bad experience with any of our customers………………
Francesca

Visited March 2013

• Indonesian first
Saint Thomas, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“DO Not Book With ACS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY!!
We booked Airport Connection for Genoa, Italy. They service all of Italy as well as other countries. We booked them to pick us up at the airport upon arrival and then again to take us back to the airport when we were done our holidays. The delivered fine on the first part of the journey but DID NOT EVEN SHOW UP for an early morning pickup for the return ride home!!! We had asked for a specific time for pickup and they changed this time, giving us a hand written note at the first pickup. This was cutting it close to our departure time but we thought...if they are on time...we should be alright. But then, they never showed up and no one answered our phone calls...we only got the answering service!! I emailed them and they have not even had the decency to respond back. It was a 72 Euros ride!! We barely had time to call a taxi and make our flight home!!

Visited February 2013
Water Mill, New York
16 attraction reviews
“Trains at Rome Fiumincino Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

When arriving at Rome's Fiumicino (Leonardo Da Vinci) airport, a short walk from the terminal is the airport's train station, with trains to the city center. There are two train lines to choose from, one, the 'Leonardo Express', 30 minutes ride direct into Rome's Termini central rail station, costing 14 euros, runs every 30 minutes and connects with the A & B metro lines.
Alternatively, you can choose the FM1 line, identified on the departure board with varying destinations: Fara Sabina, Poggio Mirteto or Orte. These trains stop at a number of Rome's secondary rail centers such as Ostiense, Trastevere & Tiburtina. They depart at varying intervals of 15-30 minutes depending on hour of day and arrive at any of the city's stations within 25-45 minutes, costing 8 euros. Ostiense and Tiburtina rail stations connects with the B line metro. Recently, Tiburtina station has been renovated with modern facilities and is the hub of the new privately operated train called Italo (italotreno.it), a high speed train that reliably whisks one from Rome to Italy's major cities in record speeds.
In addition to serving the city, the FM1 trains continue into the countryside north of Rome, primarily the area known as Sabina. Sabina is a region of rolling hills, doted with ancient walled, medieval hill towns, pastures, olive groves (the area is famous for its DOP extra virgin olive oil) and vineyards. Orte, the farthest destination on the line is one of Italy's major rail junctions from which trains depart to Umbria, Tuscany and beyond. Incidentally, the station has a well lit, large car park at a daily rate of 1.50 euros. Fara in Sabina and Poggio Mirteto are the other two destinations on the line that one can use to explore the countryside of Rome, the Tiber River valley and the Sabine Hills, visiting local towns and the ancient centers of Vescovio and Farfa Abbey. There are numerous accommodations to be found in the Sabina, I recommend a sleep over in the historic hill towns of Casperia or Montasola, with their splendid views and tranquility so near Rome. The very train that brings you out here will directly take you back to the airport.

Visited January 2013
Boston
“Terrible - Tried to blackmail me”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Booked 3 separate transports with them while in Italy for 12 days. The first two they showed up about 30 minutes late. I prepaid for a large mini bus that can fit 8+ people... they showed up with a minivan able to fit 6. We also paid for a english speaking driver, that didn't happen either. He got lost both times as well almost doubling the drive length.

The 3rd and final transport is where it gets crazy. I tried for a week while in Italy to contact them to credit me back the difference for what I paid for vs what was provided and to ensure my final transport would be onetime and as promised. Finally the day before we left I sent one last email stating if we can't come to a resolution and get a confirmation for the transport then I will have to seek altering transport and contact the credit card company. They (Enrico) responded right back via email and claimed they tried to contact me "at least 100 times". They continued in the email by stating that I was conspiring to commit fraud and they would press charges unless I agreed to have someone come to my hotel and collect cash for all 3 transports (yes the ones already paid for) and then they would credit me back on the card. Then before I had a chance to even respond (literally 15 minutes time) I had a call from the front desk. Apparently they had already reported me to the Italian police and they needed to check my documents! The hotel staff was very helpful (JK Place in Florence) but obviously puts a kink in the family trip if you have to wonder if you're going to be arrested for false allegations of fraudulent charges. As others have stated this company is a nightmare. I travel regularly and I have never dealt with anything like this before.

Visited November 2012
Hong Kong
9 attraction reviews
“Staying near Rome Airport”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed near Rome AIrport as we transited in and out of Italy and needed a Hotel nearby. Choose Courtyard Marriott and it was a good Hotel with a great breakfast and well priced. Just consider that getting to and from adds on to the cost. The local taxi's (across the road from the exit of Terminal 3) refused to take us for an inflated price of 15 Euro plus baggage and the Shuttle while very efficient was 12 Euro each way.
If doing again I would 1. avoid Rome airport it's a long way out of Rome and the traffic during peak hours is dreadful. 2. Not have a flight that arrived very late or left very early. 3. If I had to stay out near the airport stay at the Airport Hilton which is walking distance.

Visited October 2012

Been to Airport Connection Rome? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Airport Connection Rome, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.