“Very nice place for a beer and food.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Oslo, Norway
“Very nice place for a beer and food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very good coffee and pastries. I had my double expresso there every morning for a week, and enjoyed many beers and good food there. A special thanks to some of the staff, they are named Marco and Freddie. They always gave me special good service, and were always very friendly. Next time I go back to Rome, this will be on of my regular places to return to. Oskar from Norway

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tijuana, Mexico
“Awful service and salty food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Please avoid this place as much as possible, food is bad and the guys are awfully rude (excepting the barista)...we tried to order from a not-in-the-mood guy several times but he just stared at us and turned away, after 15 minutes finally someone came and took our order. Food was salty, cold and not tasty. Check took forever to arrive. The only good thing we got there was watching grumoy guy breaking a lot of glasses and plates...karma works, after all! :D

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“Best staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Pastries are delicious! And the staff are some of the friendliest. Came here after running around the city, accidentally left my money purse with my PASSPORT in the bathroom, came back five hours later and they had kept it, money and everything else completely in tact, refused a tip, offered me a glass of water to calm down from the stress of it. Great people working there, will definitely be back :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rome, Italy
“Turistic service - low quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is a 24h cafe so it is very popular to have a stop in this cafe to have a breackfast before coming back after a night out with friends. The service is very poor and turistic, we stayed at the table for 10 minuts and none came, so we went to the cash, we paid, we took our things at thr bancone and we brought them to the table by ourselves. The waiter came (very soon) telling us that we had to pay 5 euro more ( we spent 9 euro for 2 cornetto, 1 glass of water and 1 coffe, which is very expensive) because of the table service. I complained because I did not received any service but they continued asking us the 5 Euros. I paid and I left everything there. A very bad experience.
This is not a good caffe, in Rome you can find several caffes much better, during the day and also during the night. It is not fancy at all, neither particularly clean. People are not welcoming neither kind. This is the tipical bar for turists wthout any attention to the client. Never again!!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Don't have lunch/dinner here (there are better places for the same price)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The waiters were welcoming and tried the best to attract us in, as almost all waiters in the tourist areas, I would say. The food quality was quite average and thus pricy.
What was quite obvious is that they try to take all the money they can spending the least they can. The toilet in general was quite poor, they don't even have toilet seats and this was the only restaurant/caffe that didn't among all the ones we visited in a 6 day trip in Rome.
Another detail is that for a table for four people they only provide two individual tablecloths.
My dish was cold by the time they brought it and when I asked them to heat it they weren't happy... Finally, the waiter made a little mistake on our bill, he registered all of our dishes as dishes whose prices were 50 cents more. That didn't happen for only one of the dishes but for all of them (three). When we made him aware of this he said that it was his mistake but that it was only 50 cents more, a little tip for him. I can try to imagine the reasons behind it but if you ask me it's simply unfair.
If I ever go back to Rome I would certainly not have lunch or dinner again at this caffe (maybe coffee and/or pastries since we always had good quality of them in any caffe we visited).

• Visited September 2012