“wonderful start to italy” 4 of 5 stars

Click for details
Ranked #14 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Certificate of Excellence 2014
A TripAdvisor Member
“wonderful start to italy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2005

Our stay at the Cellini was very good. The room was nice, bigger than I thought it would be and the bathroom was excellent and very updated.
The staff(family) were so friendly and helpful and I loved the location. It is 2 blocks from the Republick Square where we found a beautiful fountain and ate at an outside resturant over-looking it.
The area was not so crouded and touristy like at the Spanish Steps Etc. So if you like a more genuine feel, this place is perfecty situated.
The hotel always came running with hotwater when I asked and even gave us a complimentary bottle of wine and glasses our last night there.

The only downfall was that there wasn't any area to sit and relax outside of your room. All the other hotels that we stayed in later either had a terrace or sitting area. We really did miss that.

Overall it is a wonderful place to stay. We even ran into Rick Steve's there.

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
York, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2005

I booked this accomodation after reviews in various guide books and the internet including here, so I thought I should give my opinion back for once.

I spent 5 nights there, returning on 6th May and had a really great time. Being very critical, I would say that rooms 1,2 & 3 suffer from street noise (lots of road sweepers, bin men and quite a lot of traffic sound (one night it sounded like a disco!)) and 1 & 2 can hear the reception clearly and the breakfast room. I'm a light sleeper and if I hadn't had ear plugs and been tired, I would have struggled to sleep. I would ask for rooms 5 or 6 if this bothers you. I also thought it was quite expensive to be honest and the breakfast got repetitive. Also the jacuzzi bath is a standard size and although it CAN fit two, its not the most comfortable thing :). Oh and it had no tea making facilities which might be normal in Italy, but seemed odd.

That said, the service was terrific, they even gave us ice buckets and glasses when we brought some chilled wine back from a walk, with some little cakes because we had to wait a couple of minutes. The coffee was probably the best I had in Rome and their restaurant recommendations were great (and like I say, I'm very picky). The place was a little hard to find at first (its by the "hotel" light, but the name of another hotel is far clearer on the door) but its location was very good. We walked everywhere and could be at the vatican in 40 minutes. The jacuzzi was great to restore flagging muscles.

So overall, fantastic service, some nice guests staying, very clean etc rooms, a bit pricey, a little (imho) noisey and I got sick of the "samey" breakfast after a while. Next time I'll find a quiet and far cheaper b&b, but it was a nice memory.

PS dont get the limo or a taxi if you come from Ciampino on Easy Jet, as they have a bus service that is (euro) 13.75 and drops you off at Termini.

• Stayed May 2005
MA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2005

The Residenza Cellini is clean, comfortable, and relaxing. Barbara and Donato, who run the hotel, are exceptionally responsive and kind. They recommended fantastic (but less well-known and more intimate) restaurants and helped us plan our drive up to Siena. The jacuzzi tub in our room was a welcome luxury after walking throughout the Vatican and climbing all 320 steps up to the Cupola. The included breakfast was far better than any we've had at more expensive and "reputable" hotels.

The next time I'm in Rome, this will absolutely be my first choice hotel.

cincinnati, ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2005

I just returned from Rome and spent 6 nights at the Residenza Cellini...what a wonderful, small charming luxury hotel. The location to the meto and train station was just great. The rooms were lovely and the service was great. Barbara gave us restaurant recommendations and detailed directions on how to get to them...we were never disappointed. I fell on Easter Sunday and dislocated my shoulder, after a visit to the hospital and continuing my experince of Rome, the next morning I slept very late. The wonderful De Paolis family still had up the Breakfast Buffett for me. I can not say enough about how wonderful this hotel, service, and family were to me during my stay. I am already planning a return visit.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2005

My wife and I stayed there for 9 nights beginning on March 10, 2005. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and everything worked! In addition, the service provided by Barbara and Peter was exceptional, from making us american style coffee to giving us tips and directions on our daily excursions. Wonderful facility and wonderful customer service! Worth every penny.

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2005

In early March, 2005, my husband and I spent 4 nights at Residenza Cellini. It was really nice. The first morning we slept past the breakfast ending time, but as soon as we emerged from our room at 11:00 am, Barbara insisted on making us cappucinos (wow - the best you've ever tasted) and quickly set a fancy breakfast table for us and brought out wonderful danishes, bottled water and orange juice. She was just so very nice. They had a computer available to check email and helped with walking directions to all of the sights (got lost anyway, but that's a different story...). The bed was very comfortable and everything was very clean. The location seemed slightly off the beaten path, but that may be because it was cold and rainy most of the time we were there, so walking was no fun. The neighborhood did feel perfectly safe, however, and the metro station was close by. We had the closest room to the reception area and could clearly hear everything said at the front desk, including when guests returned to the hotel late at night, but there was no street noise. I would definitely stay here again.

Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2005

Stayed at this hotel last week 1st to the 3rd March - had a suite room with a jacuzzi bath and was amazing was concerned when booking that it was near to termini and not near any of the sites were were totally misguided on arriving there via the transport arranged through the hotel we were blown away... the hotel is imaculate and the service is out of this world.

We managed to walk to most of the sites from the hotel and found the staff at the hotel very friendly - defo try their capuccino they are the best in rome - trying to get my boyfriend to make them back home it just isnt working ha ha

They really look after you and make your stay in Rome very memorable

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Residenza Cellini? Share your experiences!