“very good place for a good meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maranega

Maranega
Piazza Campo dei Fiori 47-48-49, Rome, Italy (Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori)
0668 300 331
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,254 of 8,547 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
London
“very good place for a good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

never mind the ranking of this restaurant. i can certainly recommend it.
unlike some of the other places i ate at, the portions here are large and the quality is quite good.
i was going to have the traditional Italian meal i.e. starter, 1st main course and the 2nd main course. luckily Sarah ( very good waitress from Glasgow), said i wouldnt be able to finish . so i settled for starter and one main course. i still struggled to finish these two courses. And another thing one portion of the french fries can fully satisfy two persons ( its like 2 'go large' fries portions from McDonalds).
theres a nice ambience as it faces a square which hosts a small market. i can recommend trying this place.

Visited May 2014

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
“Last night in Rome ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We visited the Maranega located in one of the many large piazzas in Rome. By day the piazza hosts a large, mostly food, market but the area is cleared in the evening for musicians to take their places and the numerous restaurants to compete for your patronage.
After eventually settling for our chosen location, we were attended to by pleasant staff. The menu was varied and of an average price.
I started with olives fried in breadcrumbs. Although on 6 on the plate they were tasty and a reasonable starter. My wife chose peppered mussels of which there were plenty, served in a fully laden large bowl. The mussels were very tasty. The main meals consisted of a delicious mixed grill and a veal
Escalope in a white wine sauce. All this with a bottle of the house red which too was particularly good.
There were four of us in the group and the bill amounted to, inc tip, €150 which I thought was reasonable. The bottom line is, I would eat there again.

Cary, North Carolina
“Great location, average food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Has excellent location, on Campo De' Fiori, with nice outdoor seating. There was great music in the piazza and nice overall atmosphere. The food was ok, just average...we ordered pasta dishes and bruschetta. Caters to tourists, with the guy outside persuading you to enter - which is very common, especially in this area.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brisbane, Australia
“Perfect position, divine food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We were lucky enough to stay in an apartment within Campo Di Fiori and came across Elvis, the manager of Maranega within minutes of arriving. He was welcoming and helpful, and after a very long flight we settled into our first breakfast at Maranega. We enjoyed the atmosphere so much that we had breakfast with Elvis every day and also went back for drinks on the tables fronting the piazza to people watch and then for dinner.

The food is fresh and flavoursome and the staff happy to do anything to help, even running off into the fruit and vegetable market to collect fresh ingredients. I was astounded by the huge number of choices on the menu and would never run out of options even if we stayed for a month. The salad list alone is twice as long as most whole menus. Prices are incredibly reasonable for the generous servings. One example is Beef Lasagna for only 9 euros.

All the staff are young, gorgeous, happy and friendly and it was a joy to be with them on a daily basis.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scarborough
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

I hesitantly entered this restaurant as I was lured in by a nice young man sprucing out the front. As I entered, he stated there was no service charge & no hidden charges. (I've been caught before with the add-ons at payment time or the other catch is to reduce the servings and/or quality of the servings).
First the free bread. Then the free small glass of champagne. I'm silently getting more sceptical. My food arrives - spinach & ricotta ravioli in a butter & sage sauce. Wow - Delicious.
I then have a cafe latte. Mmmm tasty.
Now comes the bill paying time - no surprises and absolutely exceeded my expectations. I definitely will be back.