“A good choice for lunch” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Maranega

Maranega
Piazza Campo dei Fiori 47-48-49, Rome, Italy (Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori)
0668 300 331
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,218 of 8,546 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Cornwall
“A good choice for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We enjoyed a lunch here after a tiring morning and were refreshed for another hectic afternoon of sight seeing. The service was friendly and efficient and the food very good. The restaurant's position right on the square at Campo di Fiori makes for an interesting atmosphere people watching whilst enjoying a rest and nice lunch. Would not hesitate to recommend

• Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Walpole, Massachusetts
“Fun spot for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

At mid-day after sightseeing for many hours, you hope the place you plop down for lunch will help to re-invigorate the rest of the day. Well we happened upon just that place. The manager must have seen us slump down as he engaged us right away with conversation, some joking and some cuisine suggestions. I appreciate that level of engagement and once he found out we liked Limoncello he brought over three shots for the guys and three sparkling wines for the ladies – gratis. He recommended a cheese assortment and a sliced meat plate to start which were really quite good and plenty to go around. The suggestion for the house red was very good. For entrees some went for the pasta and meatballs (the sauce was loaded with olives - awesome!) or the Carbonara, some for pizza, everything was hot and delicious and we left nothing for the dishwasher to do. Finishing with some espresso, we left Maranega satisfied and yes, invigorated for the remained of the afternoon. Prices were average, restaurant was clean, service attentive and food and wine very good - all you need!

Visited October 2013
Malmo, Sweden
“No trip to Rome without visiting this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've been to Rome countless times and eaten everywhere in the city but always end up revisiting this place.The food is amazing! I suggest that you try the delicious grilled fish that's always fresh and cooked to perfection. The menu offers a wide selection of Italian and international dishes and they're all home made with fresh hand picked ingredients. I've tried most of them and loved every one. I recommend that you come here for a long relaxing dinner followed by some drinks, smoke a little shisha, do some people watching and enjoy the overall ambience of the square. The guests are always a nice mixed crowd of locals(my friend who brought me here the first time lives in Rome and is an award winning tour guide) and tourists, families, groups of friends or couples. Despite the place being pretty much packed every evening, the service is always fast and staff always make sure to cater to your every need. The irresistibly charming owner will make you feel so welcome that you won't be leaving until they close.

Oslo, Norway
“Such a great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was recommended this place by some Italian friends of mine. It was my first time in Rome, and I was not disappointed. We went to Maranega for some drinks and had a lovely time! I have visited Rome three times since then, and I have spent hours in this place making sure I don’t miss it on either of my visits. The location is great, giving you the opportunity to sit back, relax and take the atmosphere all in. Maranega offers great food and service – such a nice place whether you are looking for a full dinner or just a coffee. Try pasta with salmon or lobster, two of my favorites - just amazing! The staff truly takes care of you, and I have never left the place feeling that something has been missing. Maranega seems to have it all; Beautiful location, great food, a relaxing atmosphere, nice music and staff that are always making you feel comfortable and taken care of. I can’t wait for the tiramisu I’ll have outdoors with great company when I return, hopefully soon!

Denver, North Carolina
“Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Not only is Maranega's location ideal for having lunch, but theirs was the very best food we had on our recent visit to Rome!! Our very very cheesy pizza had the most perfect lightly crunchy edge on the crust, just the way Rome pizza is supposed to be prepared. But it all starts with the freshly-baked bread and the perfect olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping--yum!! And the desserts we chose were the tiramisu and creme brûlée. They were the best we've ever tasted. The creme brûlée's topping was golden, crunchy, and perfect! The presentation of all the plates we saw was mouth-watering and beautiful. The outdoor seating was comfy and ideal for enjoying the piazza. And the manager was constantly nearby, making sure the customers were pleased.