“Over Promise, Under Deliver” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Select Garden

Save Saved
You added Hotel Select Garden to your Saves list
Hotel Select Garden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Vittorio Bachelet 6, 00185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #479 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Over Promise, Under Deliver”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

At the outset I must say the hotel is neat, clean and safe. However, they are not as glamorous as their advertising makes out, which lead to some frustrating arguments with the front desk staff who preferred to act dumb.
Our room (a triple) was right behind the front desk, with no view to speak of. The room was tiny and the desk not much more than a corner shelf. The Internet connection is NOT free. There are multiple satellite channels, but not one channel in English( not even CNN).
Breakfast was usual continental style, but once again bland and tasteless. Coffee and juice from a machine.
Overall a hotel which I think is finding ways of cost saving.
The only saviour was the friendly Melina. A warm and helpful staff member.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the second time. My first visit was in 2005 and I had a wonderful stay. We had a fantastic room with a balcony. The gentlemen at the front desk was great, and held onto our bags until our room was available. It had a laptop in it, and we didn't have any problems. This time around, I was not as impressed. We checked in quite early, and were lucky to get our room right away, as we were exhausted and so hot from the heat outside. We settled for the first room available, which was on the ground floor right near the reception desk. This room did not impress us, as we were measuring it against our prior experience at the hotel. The bathroom was tight!!!!! However, to be fair, it was clean and modern/stylish. The staff at reception and in the breakfast room were great. And the breakfast, which was included, was sufficient for a quick bite before a day of sightseeing. I would definitely stay here again as the location was good. It was right near the train station and there were a lot of restaurants near by (none of the ones I ate at stood out - I should have done better research for good restaurants in the vicinity). However, if staying here, I would definitely try to maneuver a better room a head of time.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed there for 2 days only, but I must say that has been comfortable. Its location has been very good too because it is near to the Railway station Termini where you can take all the buses which bring you to the centre of the city. The service was very good, the staff has been very friendly and helpful. So all in one, it was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed here for our break over new years eve for a few nights. Basic hotel with charming service. It was available at a great price and was a very last minute decision for us. We did not go with big expectations. The room was small with probably the tiniest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel. Having said that, its what you can expect from a basic hotel.

Staff though were awesome, really friendly. Loads of insider tips for the city. Would go back if we decide to visit again on tight budget.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Oulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed 7 days in Rome 2.7. - 9.7.2012. in hotel Select Garden. We have nothing bad to say of this hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. Especially Milena (if I remember her name right) was very friendly and came gladly to chat with us every morning.

The location of hotel Select was very good, a few blocks from Termini station and not far away from the centre of city and from main sights. There was also supermarket deSpar near the hotel where we brought something to eat and drink in the evenings.

Our room was not so large but still enough for sleeping and resting. Bathroom was clean and towels were changed every day. Hotel was very peaceful. Breakfast was pretty good including bread, yougurt, cereals, fruit salad, pastries, cheese and ham etc. There was also coffee automat where you can choose which kind of coffee you want.

There wasn't elevator in the hotel but it is not problem because there was only three stores. We warmly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Rome. Hotel Select is good choise and excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
montreal quebec canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I book hotels many many times and for once was non attentive to some important details on my booking. No need to give further details... I feel shame enough already!!! I thought at first that this issue would have been impossible to resolve. Yet, I called the hotel directly and the support from them and understanding overpass by far what I was expecting. I did yet not stay at the hotel but definitely look forward to it. What I state here is, if you have issues in Rome, and it might happens, you can count on the staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed two nights in a room off the lobby. Hotel is located about 5 blocks NW of the Termini train station. The neighborhood is fine. Pros: The room and common areas were immaculate and pleasant, the breakfast good, and the staff friendly, helpful, and attentive. Cons: The room was very small and the bed was hard.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Select Garden? Share your experiences!