“A Good Gelato if nearby” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2,684 of 8,753 Restaurants in Rome
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
sydney
“A Good Gelato if nearby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Having tried a whole bunch of gelaterias in Rome and Italy, Grom was good and handy if you are on the go or near Piazza Navona

Visited September 2012

• Greek first
  • Polish first
“Vegans beware...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

I was directed to this place by reviews online, and while they do have sorbets...not all are created equally! Some of the sorbets are not vegan and you will need to check their website (since this is a chain). Vegans only have the option of sorbets or granita. I had the mandarin and pear sorbet, and both were a little tart for my liking. However, I saw no soy gelato although some reviews I read had reported of such.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dallas, Texas, United States
“WOW! Best Gelato in Rome?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

My wife and I tried several gelato places in Rome, and Grom was by far our favorite. If you are a fan of chocolate, you really need to check this place out. I got half chocolate / half hazelnut, and it was just exceptionally good. Unfortunately, we tried Grom on our last night in Rome. Otherwise we would have been back FREQUENTLY!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Creamy perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Everyone ordering was Italian and this was the place Italians recommended. The gelato was creamy and natural. I ordered the small cone with hazelnut and straticchiatela scoops. It was creamy and amazing, best I had in Rome. Some of the other places are too touristy and too ice cream like which gelato is not like ice cream. Go here it is amazing.

Paris, France
“One of the Best Gelato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

A few shops in Turin. I've tried it also in Greenwich Village, Rome, Paris and Venice.
Try Cassata ans Marron Glacé