“Didn't like it.. ” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #415 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
A TripAdvisor Member
“Didn't like it.. ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Except from the friendly staff i was very unhappy. Room 201 has a horrible bathroom and it is small and not very clean. Wi-fi is weak and you lose it quite often, need different code to get back in. Breakfast is unacceptable. They were kind enough to move us to another room when i said i wanted to leave and take my money back. Cleaning ladies leave the towels and sheets down at the floor of the corridor.. I don't know why it is ranked so high..really i wonder..bad choice for me unfortunately..

Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very good hotel.Value for money. Very near to the termini station and the most sightseeing. Helpful staff. Breakfast could be better but it's ok. Rooms have Wi-Fi but the connection is not so fast.
Arrivederci

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you want a small, not too expensive hotel that is within walking distance of both Termini (the main station), the ancient heart of Rome and some good restaurants then the Verona will suit. I is not posh, but the rooms are comfortable and the breakfast is fine. I have always (I've stayed at the Verona several times) found the staff very friendly and helpful. The first time I stayed there I inadvertently went out for the day and left my room safe open with money, valuables and documents ready for the taking! I was most impressed that when I returned the staff had all my valuables safe and sound! (I had previously used a much more up market Hotel on the Via Veneto and had my spare shoes nicked!). I have stayed at the Verona by myself, with my wife, and with a couple of mates and they all found it fine!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are more distant from Rome street noises.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Booked everything on-line and was very pleased. Room was very comfortable and clean, we asked for a bath rather than shower and the room was perfect. All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful with sight-seeing advise. Hotel is located very close to all the famous sites of Rome, easy walking distance to Coliseum and Vatican. Breakfast was plentiful and good variety. Easy access to the railway station, and then to airport, taxis are very reasonable. Local restaurants are very good. I would recommend the hotel to everyone, and we hope to return one day. We were actually there in Feb 2009, not 2014.

Room Tip: we had a street facing room, which made us feel more part of the city. Early traffic may not be ever...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a really great stay at the Hotel Verona. It is in the perfect location to get around Rome and very easy to find from the termini station.

Our room, though the bathroom was very small and quite basic, was very comfortable for the price we paid. There was a fridge to keep drinks in and an excellent safe which you can programme your own combination number into, which we thought was a great idea.

The breakfast was excellent with very friendly staff. An excellent value B&B and we will definitely return if we go back to Rome. We loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, nice to be able to open the door and sit outside. These rooms are al...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Inveraray, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

We stayed here in June this year, although it was close to all the attractions, the hotel itself did not live up to expectations. The room was small, fridge did not work, two camp beds tied together not a double bed. Not worth the price we paid for 4 nights. The shower was like being sandblasted, our bed sheets were not changed in the whole stay even though it was 39 degrees heat. Air conditioning was faulty from day one when we complained the reception told us they don't use it in their country as it makes them sick, which was very strange!!!!. Did not feel at all welcome here.
However Rome itself was amazing, apart from when we returned from Rome, within a few days I became very ill, I had Legionnaires disease. So will probably not return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Alessandro S, Proprietario at Verona Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Dear Lors21 hello.

As the owner of Hotel Verona in Rome I can accept all criticisms from my guests on every aspect of our service apart from the health of our guest which is almost an obsession for us.
As you know, you did not contract legionnaires' disease in this hotel. I can assure of this because in light of your accusation and in accordance with international protocols, the regulatory bodies thoroughly examined our Hotel and found no trace of the terrible disease in question. I don’t know where you got this disease but we are now certain that it was neither in Hotel Verona nor indeed in Rome.

I would also like to publish your kind comment, which you sent on the 14th of June 2014 when you still did not know you had this sickness:

“Hi there
We would like to thank you for a lovely stay. We had a really great time and we will be returning at some point, hopefully.
We were in room 410 Mr & Mrs (hidden).
We wanted to ask which room is in your Hotel pictures large double room with the sofa? and does it have a balcony?
We had a great 25th anniversary in Rome.
Once again thanks for a lovely time”.

Obviously I didn’t include your email address for privacy reasons.
Last week you decided to vent your anger of your sickness on the first hotel that you could criticize. Please tell me, what changed from the date you left Hotel Verona to one week ago??’ You decided to hurl all your anger about the disease on the first property that you've got to criticize.
What has changed since you left the hotel until the last week? Your review on Tripadvisor is in completely contradicts your actual experience! I can only imagine that your illness has somewhat clouded your judgement and impaired your cognitive facilities to reason rationally…

Now I feel obliged to send your first e-mail of thanks to tripadvisor, because it’s false. You leave me no other option than to send your first email to Tripadvisor as what you have written is quite simply defamatory.

Despite your attack on my hotel I nevertheless wish you a speedy recovery and should you ever decide to come back I forward to accommodating you here at Hotel Verona soon ( A LEGIONNAIRES DISEASE FREE ZONE)

Warmest Regards
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Stayed a week in September on a sightseeing trip of Rome. Wanted central location in walking distance of attractions. Verona is well situated and next to the wonderful Basilica Di Santa Maria Magiorre. Ideal for main restaurants and shops. The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful. provided a very good breakfast. The rooms are comfortable although the decor is dated. Recommend choosing a room at the back with balcony overlooking the garden.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on first floor above reception, tend to be noisy. Rooms higher up and at the back are b...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Verona Hotel? Share your experiences!