“Nice hotel with great service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #225 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
Oslo, Norway
“Nice hotel with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The hotel was recommended by some friends and I found it very convenient in terms of location and also very comfortable. My room was nicely decorated and had a wonderful bathroom. The bed was nice and soft with nice linen. The staff was both pleasant and professional and made sure that I enjoyed every minute of my stay. Overall a good stay and I would gladly recommend this place !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Everything as it should be. Afternoon tea on the roof terrace overlooking Rome. In a quiet back street. English speaking. Wi Fi free and computer with reception free in lounge. Restaurant recommendations were good.

Room Tip: Upper rooms don't have baths I think, but the view is probabl better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in late June 2014.

A 5 minute walk from the Colosseum along a very quiet, safe street .
Also very near metro station.

Had a very comfortable stay .
Very clean , air conditioned room and a great shower (always a necessity after long days sightseeing).

Good continental breakfast and very helpful staff.

Highly recommended.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had a group of four adults (2 rooms) for 5 nights starting June 24. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely book again. The terrace was gorgeous and a great spot for a cocktails and mingling with the other guests. I thought the staff was very helpful. Free Wi fi was nice-we were able to FaceTime home every night. The rooms were on the small side but clean and comfortable. And the air conditioning worked great which is very important for Rome in the summer.

It is about a ten minute walk to the Colosseum which is the closest tourist site. But I always like staying in this neighborhood in Rome. You get more for your money and it is a little quieter at night. It is also convenient to be in such close proximity to Termini.

A tip if you are heading to the hotel with luggage from Termini: Cross across the piazza in front of Santa Maria Maggiore and head toward Via Paolina, which turns into the street where the hotel is located. If you choose to head down Via Cavour and then turn, you end up either carrying luggage up a lot of steps or going up a big hill.

Room Tip: Don't stress out if you don't get a room with a balcony. The terrace will make up for that!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

My girlfriend and I travelled out to Rome in June 2014 and stayed at Hotel Colosseum for 3 nights. Having communicated with Damiano via email (all of which were very helpful) prior to our visit, it was great to be greeted by him in person with a warm and friendly welcome. He gave us our room key and recommended some of the best tour bus services and guided tours of the Roman monuments. We were shown to our room very soon after our arrival despite it being a few hours before the arranged check in time - although there is a room where you can leave your baggage should you arrive early. The room was a suitable size and had a TV, brilliant air conditioning and a lovely view of the Colosseum. We spent some time each evening watching the sun set over the city from the hotel's roof terrace.The view was truly breathtaking and a very memorable part of our stay. I think that it could well be the deciding factor should I ever think about visiting again, which I'm sure I will. There is even a phone that allows you to order a drink to be brought up to you from the bar - amazing! All the staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The fact my girlfriend and I speak very little Italian was not a problem at all, although I feel the occasional Italian phrase is greatly appreciated wherever you are in the city. Breakfast was served until 9:30 each morning and was very tasty - there was plenty of food and it was all presented very neatly! The staff were constantly re stocking during busy periods, so nothing ever ran out. The location of the hotel is perfect. It's close to shops, restaurants, bars and the metro/bus services. It's also well within walking distance of 90% of the city. The only time we paid for any transport was the bus journey to Vatican City. It is a quick and easy walk from Termini station should you choose to arrive to the city via train from the airport.

All in all, it's a great place to stay. Whether you're a seasoned jet-setter or a first time traveller like me, there is very little to be disappointed about at Hotel Colosseum. I would strongly recommend this hotel to anybody. It's fantastic value for money and the perfect way to experience the best of Italy's charm and first rate hospitality.

Room Tip: Specify whether you would like a king size bed or two singles together. Book through the website for...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Forster, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in 2 June 2014. We were given a fantastic room with a terrace and welcomed by friendly staff. Location was quiet and convenient, breakfast was great and I loved my stay. I have only dropped the rating as I am 100% positive I left a brand new pair of expensive shoes and after numerous emails with staff and the manager was told they were not left and to check my luggage again which I had already done 3 times. They supported their cleaning staff and not me, I know I am right and they should by now know they have a dishonest staff member.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

3 of us stayed here for 3 nights in June, 2014. Situated in a great location, you can walk to most attractions such as Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps, Colosseum, Forum, etc. Just a bit too far to walk to St Peter's, but a taxi doesn't cost much, plus the metro stop is right around the corner. The rooftop of the hotel is perfect; you can see all over Rome. The last night we stayed there the Rolling Stones were playing a concert at Circus Maximus, and we could hear them pretty well. The staff is very friendly and welcoming, the breakfast is included and is plentiful. I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Colosseum? Share your experiences!