“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #766 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Moscow, Russia
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

I was at the hotel for 2 days. It is a 5-minute walk from the station Roma Termini. Air-conditioning, TV (all channels in Italian), Wi-Fi works without problems (for free, password at reception). Breakfast is good: coffee, a wide selection of cheeses, ham and sausage, croissants, cakes, toast, butter, juice. Near many cafes and restaurants to choose from. I recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I was travelling alone to Italy to meet up with family. Coming from Canada I was looking for a place to crash for two nights to rest up and tour a but also be close to train station. Igea was a good price and conveniently located.

Turned out time be a good choice. Staff were friendly and helpful. Rooms clean, spartan, but efficient. Bed comfortable, full bathroom, free WiFi, TV, desk, and breakfast....okay coffee and a bun...typical in France and Italy. A previous comment about size of showers rang true. I had to step out of the showers to change my mind or to turn around. I am not a small man but these were made for very tiny people!!

Overall, I recommend it.

Sidenote: Restaurant Alfredo across the street was good decently priced food.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Hi everyone, first of all I have never been so embarrassed by a hotel service in my life before. The only good thing about this hotel is the location. I had a friend who was stranded and did not know how to get back to his hotel with out the transport system. Knowing how big Rome is I suggested my friend to stay with me. When we got to my hotel the receptionist at 4.20am on the 11/09/12 mentioned to me I cannot have a friend to stay with me at this time of te night. Shocked by what he mentiOned to me I told him I will pay extra to allow my friend to stay with me as it is dangerous for any of us tourist to sleep on the streets. The receptionist mentioned that he knows lots of tourist sleeping in the train station?! How can any hotel receptionist suggest anyone to sleep on the streets?! He mentioned to me my option was to get another hotel and leave! Extreamly embrassed and i did not know what to do I took my friend to
A different hotel to allow her to sleep in a different hotel by herself. I am glad there is a few hotel near by. It's not worth the money it's not worth the hassle and please thInk of your safety or anyone else's in this regard as they do not care about you. All over the hotel it mentioned that they are not responsible of anything that happenes in the hotel. I hope this makes sense as I am writting this in extream anger! Also I booked this hotel from booking.com I have also made a complaine to them and the person on the phone was extreamly shocked by the behavior of this hotel. You book this hotel you do it at your own risk!!

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I booked a single room for myself for 5 nights.
The checkin process was simple and I had a nice room on the 5th floor facing the rear of the building.
The bed was bigger than the expected single which was nice.
Overall the room was pretty clean except for some dust on the floors and some cobwebs on the ceiling corners. Bed was wasn't the softest but ok, but pillows hard as rocks. Shower was extremely small so if you are at all overweight or enjoy shaving your legs, it will be a challenge.
I did not like that there was no safe in the room. You had the option of leaving stuff with the front desk but I didn't no it. You also have to turn in your key when you leave. I had no issues, but I wasn't particularly comfortable with it.
The breakfast was ok. Fresh cappuccino or whatever hot beverage you like brought you you is nice. Options of pastry or bun with jam or spreadable cheese, OJ and crackers/cookies.
The hotel was nice enough to print off whatever documents I needed.
Not extremely helpful with suggestions on food or tours but I think it was mostly a language barrier.
The area during the day is fairly convenient, close to Termini and the bus stops for the hop on-hop off tours. At night its a different story. Prostitutes and lurkers line the streets a block up. Lots of homeless and sketchy people everywhere. As a single woman alone, I did not enjoy it. I was not wandering about much but the times I was coming back or ran out to get food, it wasn't enjoyable. I never felt threatened, but just be careful. Even the hotel shuts off all lights and chains the door shut after 1am. They will be there to let you in but clearly its not the best area but it never really interfered much.
I know it sounds like there was a lot to complain about but really, there wasn't. It was good value for what I got and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Asked for quiet room, was given 501, room not facing the street. Quiet except for cleaning staff in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

After exciting journey nice to relax,so near centrum and Termini station,not noisy place.Sure,without luxus,but conditions were normal,staff very polite and helpfull,breakfast good.You can continue your trip without nervous counting the time you need to rich station or airport.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Guayaquil, Ecuador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

the rooms are still the same , the elevators will stop between the floors

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lafkas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

It was a nice hotel located in the convinient place. The places of interest are easily reachable both by metro and on foot. The desk staff were all very helpful and able to answer or make suggestions to every question we asked and as it was our first visit to Rome this was very good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Igea Hotel? Share your experiences!