“Excellent hotel in the Centre of Rome close to Termini” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #293 of 1,263 Hotels in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel in the Centre of Rome close to Termini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Another Excellent-value-for-money Hotel..... Spacious Hotel rooms with the Theatre feel. Comfortable beds and fast internet. I have stayed in Rome quite a few times in 2012 and would not hesitate to book this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Hotel Royal Court for 3 nights in early March, 2013. There were a number of positive features of the hotel - it is 2.5 blocks from Rome Termini station; it is relatively quiet; and the staff were attentive and helpful. However, this hotel does not match up to my expectations of a 4 star hotel. For example, the beds were excessively firm leaving me with low back pain at the end of my stay; the breakfast room is in the cellar and the breakfast can only be described as barely adequate (no frills to be found); the rooms are very small (there were approximately 3 feet on either side of a queen-sized bed and one foot at the end of the bed to traverse. In fact, the bathroom had the most room in which to turn although it could in no way be viewed as spacious. As I have no idea what constitutes a 4 star hotel in Rome I do not want to pass judgement, but the overall experience felt more like a 3 star. There are advantages and disadvantages of being near the main train station. The advantages are substantial: the Fumicino airport train leaves from Rome Termini; the Metro (subway) crosses at Rome Termini and is a useful method for traversing the city; and the high speed trains and many local trains leave from this station. The disadvantage is that the area around the train station has seen better days and although it did not feel unsafe for 2 males, I can imagine a young woman might feel differently. Overall this hotel met our needs for this short visit, but it is difficult to give it a robust recommendation.

Room Tip: Our room was on the east side and was generally quiet. Inquire about the dimensions of the room; our...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We booked this hotel 3 days before arriving in Rome after our other hotel fell through. We wanted a hotel that was close to the terminal since we were only staying one night. Because of the conveinence of being close to the terminal, the location is somewhat seedy. There are a lot of interesting people that hang out near the terminal, so walking through them was colorful.
The hotel itself is great! Friendly staff and very nice rooms! You felt like you were staying in a true Rome hotel with cool artwork and decor. The bathrooms were wonderful and the shower was huge! There is free breakfast with the room, as well as Wi-Fi! We stayed on a Saturday and usually they do not serve breakfast in their breakfast room on Sunday. So instead, they gave us complimentary room service the next morning. They even brought us our food earlier than they usually do because we had a train to catch.
Overall, very accommodating. The location is a small inconvenience to the overall appeal of this hotel. Would stay again. At the beginning of our trip, we rented an apartment in Rome. After staying in this hotel for only one night, we would have reconsidered to stay in this hotel instead for 4 days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked this hotel as a last minute deal for substantially less then what they claim their tariff is. It is an easy 5 minute walk from the Roma Termini station. We were given a twin room on the ground floor. Staff were friendly, and the hotel was well presented. Room was small but comfortable. Ok for someone who just wants somewhere to sleep the night and head out in the morning. Bathroom was well appointed with shower in bath setup as well as spa bath. Overall for the price we paid we were very happy with the result. If we had paid the full rate however I expect we would have been disappointed with what we got for our money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed one night before leaving next morning to the Port of Civitavecchia. The room was small and not very confortable to walk around there was table where you could sit down and work on your laptop however it too close to the bed. The bathroom was nice decorated. Took notice to the marble floors. Free internet in room which was nice. Breakfast was included in the price. It had scrambled eggs, ham, cheese, bread, cereal, orange and apple juice, coffee. The breakfast was good enough to get you started for the day. Knowing that I was to take a train to the Port of Civitavecchia I loaded up on the breakfast before leaving the hotel. If you need to buy something for the night there is Conrad supermarket on the lower level of Ternini where you can purchase snacks and refresments for the night. Depending on how long you stay take a unlocked phone and get a Pre-paid Sim card that come loaded with internet for free. I used TIM they are on the second floor. If you take the Metro hang on tight to your belonging and do become a victim just as it happen to me. My I-phone was snatch out of my pockets before I was even aware that it got taken. Luckily for me it was not my I-phone 5. I would visit Italy again I would probably not stay here again. I would try my luck elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed on the ground level -- three rooms for our party of eight travelers. It is an easy walk from the station, but far enough away to not have a lot of street noise. The rooms are classically decorated, but small. The bathrooms are nicely appointed.
We did not buy breakfast with our rooms, so I cannot comment on the breakfast buffet.

All in all, I think it was a good value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Salmon, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We used Priceline to book a "4-star hotel" in central Rome, and ended up with the Royal Court, and the reviews weren't great. We walked to the hotel from the train station---3 blocks, and were pretty leery as the neighborhood looked a little rough. The lobby is very small with only a desk clerk who showed us to a small, pretty shabby room----naturally, the "last room" available. It wasn't even close to 4-star quality. It was late so we were stuck, but I remembered that one reviewer recommended Room 314, so I told the clerk we would stay if we were moved there the next day and if it were acceptable. We went sightseeing the next day and returned to find our stuff moved to 316. It was great, good bed, marble bath, window overlooking the courtyard. So, it all turned out well for the next 5 days---real easy access to the subway and trains and buses, several out of the way neighborhood cafes, and easy walking to many sites. The price was right (for Rome) at 120 euros per night, but the clerk said they usually charged much more. Anyway, we ended up liking it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Royal Court? Share your experiences!