“value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Monzu Vladi - CLOSED

Monzu Vladi
Piazza di San Giovanni della Malva, 2, Rome, Italy (Trastevere)
06 5895640
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Trastevere
Lidingö
“value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Good food, good service, generous attitude! We were a group of 27 persons and I had together with the restaurant owner chosen a menu in advance. Everything worked very smoothly. The mozzarella sallad was the best we had eaten, the spagetti with zuccini, cherry tomatoes and vongole was great and the tiramisu was outstanding. We had forgotten to say we wanted mixed sallads but they fixed that on the spot - for free.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Charming & Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A wonderful trattoria in Trastevere. We had recommendations from Semester Abroad students living in Rome that this was the place they returned to again and again for great food. Well worth finding! We enjoyed a lovely lunch on New Years Eve. The meals were delicious and service was excellent.

Visited December 2012
Perth
“Un buon ristorante a Trastevere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

One of my favourite restaurants in Trastevere & I come here often when staying in Rome. This time, I took my family to dine here on a few evenings and they certainly weren't disappointed! The trattoria look & feel of the restaurant is perfect for a balmy Trastevere evening & the tables outside are always in demand. The food, although seemingly simple, is delicious and the Paccheri con Vongole have always been my favourite. For a little restaurant, they have a fairly extensive menu - divided into fish & meat and the culinary flavour is primarily Neapolitan not Roman - however all the dishes are still worth trying! Not expensive, attracts many of the locals & highly recommended!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boise, Idaho
“Sick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

We could not find the recommended restaurant so we fell into this one after walking in numerous circles...what a mistake! Perhaps they were playing a joke on us after I said we were from the U.S. I ordered Spaghetti Carbonara (my cousin is from Rome and has made a WONDERFUL spaghetti carbonara so I was excited to order this). I received what appeared to be a block of velveeta cheese over some giant fatty pieces of bacon and pasta. One piece of bacon was so large and strange in color that I thought it was an onion. I put it in my mouth only to discover that I was chewing on a very large piece of pure lard...so gross! I had to pull it out of my mouth while the Italian man next to me watched in horror. I spent the rest of the meal gulping wine and wishing I could just erase the whole experience. We thought that becuase it was off the beaten track it might be good and less touristy...wrong...pretentious crowd of italians with very very bad food!

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“don't miss this charming trattoria”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Our daughter, who is living in Rome for the semester, brought us to this lovely trattoria for dinner. We had been to many trattorias on this visit to Rome but the food here stood out. Excellent were the vongole and linguini with cherry tomatoes; fresh baby clams, fresh pasta perfectly cooked and simply flavored with the best olive oil and garlic. We ordered a sea bream which they brought to the table whole prior to serving. They roast the whole fish with simple herbs, fresh lemon and olive oil and served it to us as fillets. The result was moist and flavorful.
The service was friendly, we even had the opportunity to meet the chef.
The location of the restaurant is a bit off the beaten path in Trastervere, and there were only a few other tables of diners, although it was a Monday night. However, we did miss that festive atmosphere that you find in other similar trattorias.

• Visited March 2012