We used our Holiday Inn Reward Points to book this hotel, i should say its not in walking distance really to Romes city center but there is a buss out side and the train is about a mile away as long as your okay with taking public transportation its a pretty good deal. The hotel its self is okay but not overly memorable and note that you do not get free breakfast even if you are a reward member. there also is not anything to close to the hotel for dinner or shopping so expect to have to travel back into the city for meals. The only other down side was that if you plane lands early you wil not be able to check intill 3 or 4 so either sleep on the plane or you could be like us and just be zombies as you explore the city the first day.
Okay enough of the bad though.. This hotel really wasn't so bad.. i may say that because we were not paying for it but still i did not mind having to use transportation and im glad that i had to go back out for dinner because walking Rome at night is magical! i fell in love with rome on this trip and it will forever have my heart. i am going back in 2015 and will not be staying not b/c i did not like it but I plane on renting an apartment instead with another couple.
So all in all if you have free holiday inpoint heck ya stay here because there isnt many other closer options but if you are just looking for a hotel i would recommend something a bit closer.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza Rome
- Crowne Plaza St Peters
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter s hotel and experience the new look of our rooms recently awarded as the best IHG refurbishment in 2008. Located in a residential area on Via Aurelia Antica, walking distance from the luxurious parks of Villa Pamphili and Villa Carpegna, the hotel is just a short ride from the Vatican City. After conducting business in Rome or a tiring tour of the eternal city, relax at our St Peter s Spa offering complimentary indoor heated pool, sauna, Turkish bath, gym along with a wide range of treatments for your wellness. During summer take advantage of our complimentary 25m length outdoor pool and enjoy the great weather of Rome on our comfortable deckchairs while sipping one of the many delicious cocktails on offer at the Pool Bar. If you feel like hitting the town make use of the scheduled free courtesy bus which will take you straight to the heart of the city in just a quick hop. Don t go home without trying our excellent and mouth watering Italian cuisine available in our restaurant Osteria open all day. For your meetings Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter s hotel boasts a modern conference centre with natural daylight and free parking facilities. No matter how far from home or office you are, WiFi and wired highspeed internet connection will always allow you to be just a click away from your world at any time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.