We have just returned from our visit to Rome, having stayed at the Crowne plaza celebrating my mums 59th birthday. First impressions were good, reception area is fairly grand and quick service at check in. HOWEVER when we booked at the Crowne plaza online (3 rooms) we paid for a king suite for my mum (special birthday) and 2 regular suites for myself and my sister. Upon arrival we were told all of the rooms are the same, even though we had paid an extra £30 a day for the 'king suite' online - no refund.
That said we didn't let it ruin our holiday and let it pass. My mums birthday came and she opened her presents and cards etc in her hotel room. The following day her presents and cards (which were all neatly packed together in one big '50th birthday' bag) disappeared from the room after the maids had been. Now im quite a trusting person and would never point a finger without getting the evidence so would immediately assume the maid had mistaken the bag of presents perhaps for a bag of rubbish. However the maid had also failed to take any other rubbish out of the room - not emptied the bins etc. when this matter was raised with reception they said there was nothing they could do as nothing had been handed in to lost property. So my mum was left without any of her 50th birthday presents or cards. Which I think is really sad. Therefore I have rated the 'value' as terrible. So I'll let you decide whether you think it's worth the risk for the maids to 'mistake' your property for rubbish.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza Rome
- Crowne Plaza St Peters
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter s hotel and experience the new look of our rooms recently awarded as the best IHG refurbishment in 2008. Located in a residential area on Via Aurelia Antica, walking distance from the luxurious parks of Villa Pamphili and Villa Carpegna, the hotel is just a short ride from the Vatican City. After conducting business in Rome or a tiring tour of the eternal city, relax at our St Peter s Spa offering complimentary indoor heated pool, sauna, Turkish bath, gym along with a wide range of treatments for your wellness. During summer take advantage of our complimentary 25m length outdoor pool and enjoy the great weather of Rome on our comfortable deckchairs while sipping one of the many delicious cocktails on offer at the Pool Bar. If you feel like hitting the town make use of the scheduled free courtesy bus which will take you straight to the heart of the city in just a quick hop. Don t go home without trying our excellent and mouth watering Italian cuisine available in our restaurant Osteria open all day. For your meetings Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter s hotel boasts a modern conference centre with natural daylight and free parking facilities. No matter how far from home or office you are, WiFi and wired highspeed internet connection will always allow you to be just a click away from your world at any time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.