My wife and I stayed at this Crown Plaza in early April 2013. It is an older property that has been remodeled. This was my fifth trip to Europe and I have always been grateful that our hotels have allowed us to check in after the overnight flight from the USA. The staff at Rome did a wonderful job and checked us in promptly. The room was clean and well maintained. Our room had a wonderful balcony view that we enjoyed both in the evening and morning. We stayed here at the front end and at the end of a ten day trip to Italy and France. Read the TA reviews which led us to this hotel. On our return visit, we used the breakfast buffet which, for Europe was done rather nicely. It appeared that they sought to have not only a "European" style breakfast, but also added items found in the traditional "English" breakfast. You can use the shuttles to your advantage. We used the airport shuttle both coming and going. We also used the shuttle to St. Peters (1.5 euros per trip) and the late afternoon/evening shuttle to the Trastevere district. My suggestions for improving the shuttle--have a later shuttle pickup to Trastevere (say 10:15 or 22:15). It is a bit of a rush to eat an Italian dinner in under two hours. Also, please post a sign at the airport shuttle pickup point (if it was in the e-mail I missed it). It is a healthy walk (especially with luggage) from the baggage pickup area to the hotel shuttle area. I believe they come to stall 24, which is marked for Holiday Inn. Overall I gave this hotel a "4" instead of a "5" because of the distance to the metro (we walked it the first day, it is more than 1k) and its distance from the center of the city. However, the staff and service rate a strong "5" which I gave them on my priority club rating of this property. I would gladly stay at this hotel again if we make it back to Rome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter s hotel and experience the new look of our rooms recently awarded as the best IHG refurbishment in 2008. Located in a residential area on Via Aurelia Antica, walking distance from the luxurious parks of Villa Pamphili and Villa Carpegna, the hotel is just a short ride from the Vatican City. After conducting business in Rome or a tiring tour of the eternal city, relax at our St Peter s Spa offering complimentary indoor heated pool, sauna, Turkish bath, gym along with a wide range of treatments for your wellness. During summer take advantage of our complimentary 25m length outdoor pool and enjoy the great weather of Rome on our comfortable deckchairs while sipping one of the many delicious cocktails on offer at the Pool Bar. If you feel like hitting the town make use of the scheduled free courtesy bus which will take you straight to the heart of the city in just a quick hop. Don t go home without trying our excellent and mouth watering Italian cuisine available in our restaurant Osteria open all day. For your meetings Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter s hotel boasts a modern conference centre with natural daylight and free parking facilities. No matter how far from home or office you are, WiFi and wired highspeed internet connection will always allow you to be just a click away from your world at any time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters