The hotel is a bit off the city center. There is a public bus stop in front of the hotel, which will bring you to the subway station in about 10 minutes.
The hotel proposes a shuttle which leaves the hotel on regular basis and brings you to the Vatican before noon and further in the city in the afternoon.
During my stay, there was a parking at the hotel which seems not crowded (april) and the barriers remained open, making me feel it was free. In front of the hotel, there were some taxis too.
The room was clean, not very big but all the comfort was there. A safe and fridge (minibar) in the closet. The WIFI worked good but was not free of charge (30min free). I think i paid something like 25€ for a week. The bathroom was clean but too small, don't think about being two inside. The ceiling was damaged, not very professional. The walls of the room were a bit thin so if some people talk in the corridor, you will hear it. Some of my colleagues wanted to open the window during the night since the air conditionning was not working, they told me there was a kind of noisy compressor which was making too much noise.
The breakfast was very good. You have the choice between continental (so called Viennoiseries) and the full breakfast (eggs, sausages, cheese, bread etc). The lunches were presented as buffet and were very good/tasty.
The bar was not crowded and not very affordable i have to admit. There was a pianist every night, competent one.
The pool was big and clean. There was a "corridor" reserved for those who wanted to swim instead of floating in the sun.
The first day of my stay, one elevator was out of service. The third day, it was repaired but the two other elevators were out of service. It was very long to get an elevator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Choose the relaxing Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter's hotel, home to a luxurious spa minutes from Rome's historic city centre. Treat yourself to an in-room dining experience at Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter's & relax on your balcony overlooking the hotel's outdoor pool, tennis courts or gardens. Come to the St Peter's Spa to let off steam in our sauna & Turkish baths, or rest on the loungers around our heated indoor pool. For the tranquility of the spa guests, access is granted to 16 & above only. Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter's is only 20 minutes' drive from Fiumicino Airport. Check out the timetable of our scheduled airport shuttle which will allow you to easily reach the hotel at a very special price. Use our scheduled shuttle bus to/from the city centre to discover the beauties of the Eternal City. (Eur 1.50 per person each way). The Vatican's incomparable St Peter's Basilica & Michelangelo's dramatic Renaissance ceiling at the Sistine Chapel are both 3km away. You'll find wireless Internet throughout the hotel, allowing you to stay in touch with friends, family & colleagues at any time. Hold your meetings in one of our 13 naturally lit meeting rooms able to host up to 600 delegates. Our chef's pasta at the Papillon Restaurant brings a taste of traditional Italy to the hotel's modern interior & you can sip drinks to the sound of a live piano every night in the Lumiere bar.Unravel your mind during a stay worth celebrating at Crowne Plaza Rome-St Peter's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Rome - St. Peter's reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Rome St. Peter`s Hotel Rome
- Crowne Plaza Rome St Peters
- Crowne Plaza St Peters