“Just Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #89 of 688 Attractions in Rome
Type: Historic Sites, Cultural
More attraction details
Owner description: Known as Casina Rosa, this small museum is devoted to the authors' works and memorabilia.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Just Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok so maybe I'm a bit biased... I am an English Literature student so I am obliged to visit such incredible literary landmarks! I did take a Science student with me and she would agree with me this is a must go!

Firstly the location. On the Spanish Steps... I mean just WOW!

The scene sets itself!

The museum itself is extremely interesting, there is a good combination of his work and his life.
The staff are very friendly and are willing to answer any questions you may have.

Also when we were there it was at risk of closing down due to funding so I really recommend you visit to support it! It shows some of the best of Britain and it would be devastating if future generations weren't aware of Keats' work.

Visited July 2012

Houston, Texas
26 attraction reviews
“Poetry fans should not miss this”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Right next door to Spanish Steps we paid our respects to John Keats & Percy Shelley. Shelley never actually lived there, Keats died there at age 24. We also visited their graves which was very moving. If you are a Keats fan don't miss this. The introductory movie was in English & very helpful. If you go to the cemetery check the hours it closes early on Sunday but you can still peak at Keats grave from outside the wall

Visited October 2012
30 attraction reviews
“A honour to stay in this spectacular location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My family and I not only visited the impressive museum, but stayed in the apartment above, which is managed by The Landmark Trust. We have stayed in several Landmark buildings, but this one is the most special. To stay in an apartment that Keats would recognise better than his old home that has become the museum below was a real privilege. The sense of history is very strong, the building is largely original and the simple ability to open the windows and look out on to the Spanish Steps an up to the Trinita dei Monti church is simply spectacular. Each morning we would look out and still couldn't believe that we were staying in such a unique and historic place. Piazza di Spagna is a fantastic location always full of life and there are few better places to spend the time of day in the wonderful city of Rome, although I you're staying in the apartment you need to be aware that people are there nearly all day and night and the noise is pretty much constant. However, that said, if you're looking for an unusual place to celebrate a special occasion, this would be an excellent choice. Just contact The Landmark Trust and take it from there. Highly recommend!

London, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
“Don't miss it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

It was always my dream to visit this house and it doesn't disappoint. A classy and, at times, moving museum with exceptional service and far too many excellent books in the shop to tempt you.

UK
25 attraction reviews
“Romantic Poets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This lovely house was beautifully quiet despite being on the right hand side of the Spainish steps as you look up. We learnt all about Keats & Shelley [both died in Italy] some on Byron and a little about Mary Shelley [Frankenstein].
We subsequently discovered that this is part of the British Museum.
I left wanting to read more of their poetry.

Visited September 2012

Been to Keats-Shelley House? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Keats-Shelley House, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.