Although locating the entrance was a bit tricky due to adjacent construction, once we arrived for our three day stay, we were wowed by the accommodations and staff. We had been traveling all day, weary, and stressed driving from the tranquility of Tuscany to the cooperative chaos that is Rome. After dropping off the car and traversing the Steps with our luggage (very funny story) the staff greeted us with a smile, made us laugh and feel immediately welcome. The front desk was tied up so we were ushered up to the beautiful rooftop terrace and ordered some terrific wine and complimentary snacks while the staff tended to our luggage. The dining suggestions by the front desk were close by, reasonably priced and excellent choices. We were given some ticketing advice for the Coloseum which was spot on. Karina (not sure of spelling) at the front desk was terrific.
While the standard rooms were of a typical size for Rome, small, the comfort, cleanliness and decor were really excellent! Bathrooms were beautiful, but sink area could use a few additional flat surfaces for setting down hair brushes/spray, makeup, etc. Bathroom had a decent hair dryer, if you’re fussy about your hair dryer, bring your own as my wife found out at every hotel we stayed at. One of our rooms was upgraded which was greatly appreciated and there was plenty of room for six of us to share a bottle of wine.
Love love love the breakfast spreads in Italy – and this one was equally super and served up on the rooftop terrace! There were also a few indoor seats there as well. Quality, quantity, variety were all terrific! Ivita (again not sure of spelling and hopefully not butchering it) was delightful and cheerful. Coffee or tea was quick to come out and staff was very attentive. Evening Terrace service was also excellent and friendly as we enjoyed a quick drink before heading out to dinner.
We would go back and stay here in a heartbeat - location was superb, right at the base of the Spanish steps - accommodations overall were wonderful - staff friendly and helpful. Ours was a trip of three couples, all celebrating 25 years of marriage and it couldn't have been any better. The Inn at the Spanish Steps was the third and final hotel of our trip and did not disappoint one iota. In fact, it left us feeling that we really scored big with accommodations.
- Also Known As:
- Inn At The Spanish Steps Hotel Rome
- Inn At The Spanish Steps Hotel
- Inn At The Spanish Steps
- Inn At Spanish Steps
- Inn Spanish Steps
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn at the Spanish Steps is one of Rome's best-kept secrets: a luxury guest house, uniquely located on Rome's famed shopping street beside the historic coffee-house, founded in 1760. Listed as a national monument, our building was a stately home in the 1800's and is now fully renovated with air conditioning and modern comforts. Quiet and exclusive, it retains the flavor of that era with its period decor. Several rooms have fireplaces and frescoed ceilings. We cater to a distinguished clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Inn At The Spanish Steps- Small Luxury Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.