My wife and I were there October 19-24, 2012. Our experience was bad. Neither hard nor soft ware comes close to what is expected from a four star hotel. It certainly damages the reputation of nh hotels in general and does not match my prior experience with this company.
It seems the future of the place is not clear and therefore overdue refurbishment is not done.
This goes hand in hand with a very bad spirit of the team. The stuff is not service minded at all. I wittnessed quarrel in front of guests. It appears they always try to keep their workload low/ avoide extra effort.
We were checking 3 rooms before we agreed to stay. The first was said to be a non-smoking room, but it was smelling like a smoker room. The second was extremely small and dark. The third was large and not smelling so we took it. But all of them were run down.
In general, all areas are run down: e.g. the corridors, the elevators, the furniture, the bedframes, wallpapers come off, the bathrooms, curtains ....
You do not find a clean corner, carpet, wall or window at this place.
The bar is closed. They claim a technical problem. I had the impression there is no intend to open it; i.e. it never opens.
At the first morning we were having our breakfast at 9:40 - it closes at 10:00. There was no bread - I went into the kitchen to ask for it - I didn't find anybody, but what I saw in terms of dirt was disgusting. My wife asked a waiter for bread - only then they filled it up again.
Beakfast was the worst quality I ever got in Italy. The coffee was from a Nescafe instant machine - awful. Bread, cake, danish pastry, fruit were always the same - no change in 5 days! Cheese and sausage were of poor quality. Fruit juice was instant sirup as well.
To say something good - the hotel is perfect to park your car, it is quired and the mattresses were okay. I found the public transport options and connections good as well. However, the area where the hotel is located is not very appealing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Roma Villa Carpegna is set in a quiet area, just a few kilometers away from Rome's historical center and within easy reach of the Vatican and St. Peter's Square. NH Roma Villa Carpegna offers an attractive alternative for your stay in Rome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your NH Roma Villa Carpegna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Villa Carpegna Hotel Rome
- Jolly Hotel Rome
- Jolly Hotel Carpegna
- Jolly Carpegna Villa
- Jolly Hotel Villa Carpegna