Stay away from this place if you want a clean, pretty, maintained property. WE chose this hotel because we were doing the 3 night pre-cruise package. Had read the reviews about the hotel and they seemed to be okay so was comfortable with our decision. We checked in and was given Room 1. The walls were all beat up and dirty. Went to the front desk and they upgraded us to a Superior Room. A room with a sofa, couple of chairs, and a terrace. (I am attaching the pic of the Superior Room). The furniture had the stuffing coming out of it. The drapes and the carpet were filthy. Like filthy that they haven't been cleaned in 20 years. The terrace door didn't even open. Would not have mattered because there was nothing out there anyway. Empty flower pots is all I could really see through the dirty windows. We went back to the front desk again and spoke with the manager. She took us to another room. A room that had been somewhat renovated (a new wood floor). Which seemed cleaner so we agreed to it. We were really stuck because we had pre-paid for the hotel and cruise port transfer from the hotel. Went to the restaurant later for a light bite to eat. Sat outside on the terrace. We waited 40 minutes for the waiter to take our beverage order. Ugh! The second day was very hot in Rome so we decided to spend an afternoon at the pool. As you can see from the pics, the shrubbery around the pool was ALL DEAD. Not very appealing.
Would also like to mention that every window in the hotel probably hasn't been cleaned in 5 years or more. Every window was filthy. Hallway carpeting I would guess hasn't been cleaned in 5-10 years as well.
The hotel is situated in the middle of a neighborhood. Not much to do in the area. You need either a bus or cab for everything!
Two positive things about the hotel is this. 1. The personnel at the front desk & the Manager were very pleasant and were really trying to get us into a room that would satisfy us. 2. The breakfast buffet was very good.
- Also Known As:
- Nh Villa Carpegna Hotel Rome
- Nh Villa Carpegna Hotel
- Jolly Hotel Rome
- Jolly Hotel Carpegna
- Jolly Carpegna Villa
- Jolly Hotel Villa Carpegna
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NH Villa Carpegna is set in a quiet area, just a few kilometers away from Rome's historical center and within easy reach of the Vatican and St. Peter's Square. NH Villa Carpegna offers an attractive alternative for your stay in Rome. Lying just outside the bustling centre, the hotel provides the perfect balance between city life and suburban tranquility. During the warm summer months, guests can lie back and relax around the large swimming pool. Free parking is available for guests. Just a few minutes drive away, the city's main metro line provides access to all major attractions and frequent buses will take you straight to the heart of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, NHHotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo and Venere so you can book your NH Villa Carpegna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.