“Nothing special, not far from the station.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Astoria Garden

Save Saved
You added Astoria Garden to your Saves list
Astoria Garden
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Vittorio Bachelet 8-10, 00185 Rome, Italy (Castro Pretorio)   |
Ranked #289 of 1,267 hotels in Rome
Edinburgh
“Nothing special, not far from the station.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

There was a particular member of staff who was very helpful and kind. The others were poor. Wifi is not free - despite what they may advertise.

The rooms are fine - nothing special. Breakfast is below average.

It was clean and easy to find from the station (if you have a map).

Average.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

561 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had stayed at this hotel 10yrs ago and it's amneties have improved since then, They now provided a buffet breakfast (which was very good) and a bar which was great at the end of the day. Although the rooms are on the small side ours was very clean as was the rest of the hotel. The staff were pleasant and very helpful. We would certainly stay there again if we revisited Rome .Close to the train station making it easy to get the express from the airport in 30mins also the buses and metro are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooms overlooking the gardens
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotels because reviews were great; unfortunately I was very dissatisfied.
The hotels rooms were very small room, muggy and beds were very tiny.
This hotels won't provide you with essential such as cups for water neither complementary coffee and internet service is highly overpriced.
Some of the stuff members were very rude. It made me feel uncomfortable if had any request.
The only good point was at arrival, they assigned me a room although it was a couple of hours earlier than their normal check-in time.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
West Lafayette, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My mother and I started or European Journey 2013 with our stay in Rome. I selected Astoria Garden for location to Termini and the reviews that I read. I wasn't disappointed. We arrived early. The walk from Termini is short. The train station is very busy, but once outside very easy to get your bearings (leave the station to the right, about 5 blocks from there, past all the mopeds). We arrived at 10:30 am and our room wasn't ready, but the very friendly hotel staff checked us in took our bags and off we went to explore the city. Once returned our bags were in our room. We happen to be in Rome from July 22-July 26, during the heat wave. I am happy to say that the air conditioning worked great. Our room was on the street and I was only woken up once because of the noise outside. From all the walking that we did we had no problem falling asleep. Room was exactly what I was expecting from a European hotel. We had two twin beds and bathroom with shower/tub combo. Looked like a jacuzzi tub, but one night my mom's legs were sore and she tried the the jacuzzi and it didn't work. We didn't complain we just thought if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't. The breakfast was great. Had enough selections to change it up everyday. The courtyard was a very nice place to sit and have a beer or plan the day. There are a lot of restaurants a couple of blocks away. I would look at the reviews or the crowds before you pick a spot because we got a recommendation to eat at a place from the hotel desk and it wasn't very good. There was a nice little fast food pizza place around the corner with a very nice server. Cheap, tasty pizza and cheap beer. Overall loved the location, loved the hotel staff, room was what I expected, used the metro and train a lot, walked most of the time. Recommend this hotel and would stay again. Special thanks to the hotel staff.

Room Tip: You may get a little noise if your room is on the street. If that is a problem ask for a courtyard...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We arrived at this little hidden gem after being very ripped off by a taxi. (BEWARE) The hotel staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. It was like we entered their personal home. They were most horrified by our taxi experience which helped significantly. They made our stay at Hotel Garden Astoria most pleasant. The room was clean, typically European and perfectly adequate for our needs. The bathroom was large and modern and the air conditioning worked! The hotel is an easy walk to the train station and several eating places. The breakfast was ready early in the morning for our early departure. The garden a lovely respite from the business of Rome. I can easily say this is probably the most accommodating hotel and staff I have ever dealt with. I would stay again and would easily recommend it to others. Many large hotels could take lessons on customer service from this little place and their wonderful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I chose this hotel for its walkable proximity to Termini station, the night before catching my flight home. My single room was small as you would expect, but had a window and a gorgeous bathroom. The walk to and from the station was fine, since my luggage was wheelable. The garden is really nice. I will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
St Petersburg FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I booked this hotel due to it's proximity to Termini Station. The photos online were nice but I was still skeptical. We had a bit of trouble finding it but upon arrival it was charming and the gentleman at the front counter was so professional; he went out of his way to assist us with several minor requests. We waited only a short time until our room was ready (we were early). When taken to the room the owner came and oriented us to the fixtures and various controls and was also very pleasant and accommodating. There is a lovely private patio that we did not have the time to utilize, another notable feature. To get to all the sights we walked a few blocks back to Termini and pick-up on a Hop On Hop Off tour and saved the trouble of cabs or excess walking in the July heat. Our only regret was staying one night before returning to the states. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Astoria Garden? Share your experiences!