Excellent location, 2 blocks from Rome's main train station. We showed up early for check in (like 10 am). By noon, they had our room ready which was a major plus. (They even held our bags for us till then.
The room was very large compared to all other rooms we stayed in on our trip (corner room, top floor). Lots of space to wind down. The bathroom was normal size, even for American standards. The hotel is decorated in a more classic style. This does not mean that the hotel is tired or worn down by any means; it is just a choice in decoration. However, since it is a bit old fashioned, there are not as many modern amenities like a universal plug in the bathroom or excercise room.
The breakfast in the morning was adequate, though it seemed that all the hotel guests seem to show up in the last hour of breakfast which makes the room quite crowded. Their juices seem to be fresh squeezed (lots of healthy selections). Those expecting a more American breakfast with bacon eggs and waffles or pancakes might be disappointed though.
The staff is very helpful. Although they did not have any adapters for American plugs, they did offer to charge our phones and ipads on their USB port off of their work computer
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since 1875 the Hotel Massimo d’Azeglio has provided traditional hospitality to its numerous Italian and Foreign guests. Although through the years it has been refurbished many times the hotel has maintained its “turn of the century” character. Its halls, bar and restaurant house an important collection of paintings and prints of the Italian “Risorgimento”. The wood paneled Restaurant, with its famous wine cellar, is one of the best known in the city. The Massimo d’Azeglio Restaurant and Hotel has been included amongst the historic hotels of Italy. The Massimo d'Azeglio Hotel has 185 Rooms,3 Conference Rooms, Garage, Bar & Restaurant, Air Conditioning, TV Satellite, Minibar, Free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bettoja Massimo D'Azeglio Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bettoja Massimo d Azeglio Rome
- Bettoja Massimo d Azeglio Hotel