“Great hotel in Rome” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #493 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
“Great hotel in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I spent hours to find a good hotel in Rome for my family that would suit our requirement for location and price and quality. I highly recommend this hotel. The service, the room size, breakfast, interior of the lobby and location - everything was great from the check in to check out. My special thanks to Emiliano who helped us with earlier check in that normal since we had 2 small kids with us. It is a good 4 star hotel, not luxury, but a very cozy, warm and welcoming hotel. From the moment we entered we felt good. The hotel management thought of all small things that guests might require in the bathroom. One thing that I would suggest, especially for families with kds is to have tea/coffee facilities in the room to make the stay absolutely perfect. And location - with heavy luggage and 2 child strollers - it took us only 5 minutes to the train station and metro station of Termini and from there you can get anywhere. It is 10 - 15 minutes easy walk to Colisseum. I would agree that Termini area itself is not very pleasant, but the Cavour street where hotel is located is very nice. Again, thanks for making the end of our trip so pleasant!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This hotel is listed a 4 stars, however I will say that a 4 star in Europe is probably on par with a good 2 star in the US. Lets start with the good , the hotel was centrally located, just a short walk from the main Rome termini. Its also about a mile walk or a tad more to most of Romes sightseeing attractions such as the Coliseum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain etc. They also offered a really good and large buffet breakfast in the am. The room itself was a decent size. Now for the bad. The hotel decor was very outdated, and because it was outdated, everything just looked really old and yellowish. Our room was on the street and it was very noisy, and like others on here, I didnt find the staff particularly friendly or helpful.

We stayed at this hotel as part of a land based tour package we bought, and while we weren't unhappy, we were just expecting a bit more upscale luxury

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

We ended up on the first floor in a tight room with hardly any space to dry yourself in the bathroom. Regularly you'd feel the rumble of the tram or subway. Hard to tell which one but it can either put you to sleep or keep you awake! Service at reception can be ok but it depends who's working at the time. Language isn't a problem for English speaking folk so getting what you want shouldn't be a drama. The location is really good as you're close to the main station (Termini) and Metro is great for getting to most touristy areas in Rome. I'd stay again but there's so many hotel options I think I'll do some research in future.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuwait City, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This was my first trip to Rome and booked this hotel based on the internet reviews for 125 Euro a night with breakfast. But my experience was not at all pleasant. The check in was fast, but the receptionist did not have any smile. He just checked us in and gave the key. No information about breakfast, hotel facilities or even where the lift is.

The corridors are very narrow with rooms dotting both sides. But the biggest shock was the rooms. The rooms are very small. The toilets look clean, but they stink a lot. You cant sit in your room for 5min with the toilet door open. They beds are very small. single bed (not a queen or king size bed). The only good thing i saw in the hotel is the free wifi, which worked well for the 2 days i stayed in October 2012.

Breakfast is another joke, with very little choice and the taste is also very poor. The hotel is close to termini station, but that is not a major advantage. There are hundreds of hotel near termini. I have been to Rome just once, so i cant advice any other hotel, but i am sure if you search, you will find better hotels near termini.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed at the hotel in June 2012. Location of the hotel is excellent., near the Termini station. Also, the room is spacious (compared to other hotels I've stayed in Italy). The front desk was very helpful and friendly. Also, they have really great breakfast with a wide range of menu.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Location of this hotel was excellent…just 2 blocks from Roma Termini. We took the train from the airport to Roma Termini, and just walked to the hotel. We were also able to walk to most of the main attractions (other than the Vatican). The walk to the Colosseo is more than 10 minutes as they claim at the front desk…probably around 20 minutes but definitely do-able. We also walked from the hotel to the National Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II , Trevi Fountain, and Pantheon.

The metro stop is close by to hop on and get to the Vatican. We went in mid Sept around 2pm and there was no line at the Vatican so we just bought our tickets at the door and went in (saved 8 euros rather than buying online). If you are going during peak season, it would probably be worth it to buy online rather than stand in the sun waiting for hours.

The room we got had 2 doors. Once you get inside the main door, there is a small cloak-room, just enough for a small chair and to hang your coat, and then another door to get into the main room. Having 2 doors really helped with sound in the morning as people were checking out. We couldn’t hear much noise. Our room faced the courtyard.

The bathroom has been updated, which was great. I really liked the free wifi for the guests. I would look forward to renovations on the room itself, as the decor looks dated. Having said that, it was very clean and we enjoyed our stay.

The front desk was often busy and the wait to ask a few questions or directions was long. I didn't use it myself, but knowing there was a free printer where I could print tickets I forgot was excellent! Thanks to a previous trip-advisor review I read, I knew about the printer and to bring lotion and conditioner as they don’t supply those. Just the basic shampoo, shower gel , bar soap and shower cap. I think they also had a toothbrush and toothpaste box. They had a ladies kit – which consisted of q-tips and some facial pads, and a men’s kit – shaving cream and a shaver.

The neighborhood is safe – we walked 2 nights until past midnight to see the sights, and it was just fine. The hotel was a bit pricey considering its age and decor, but it is Roma! I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a convenient location.

Room Tip: 1. See if you can get a room facing the courtyard rather than Via Cavour...it would probably be quie...