“Excellent!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 2,892 Rome B&B and Inns
Adana, Turkey
“Excellent!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed at St John's Terrace for 4 nights. Excellent accomodations and good location. Marco and Felicia made us feel at home and went out of their way to accomodate us as we were traveling qith a baby. We will be staying there again for sure.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Beautiful rooms, a complete service, a great location, an owner who really wants to make sure everything is OK (and has some great tips about the neighbourhood and Rome itself) - I felt at home as soon as I arrived. Whenever I go back to Rome, this is where I'll be staying!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
STJStaff, Proprietario at St. John's Terrace, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hi Frank!

Thank you so much for your review! It is os good for us have this kind of feedback.

I really hope to meet you again here in Rome.

Have an Happy Xmas and New Year!

Marco & Giorgio
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this beautiful place, wich I recomend 100%... it´s unique not just because the room ,,, but mostly because of the location and also because of the intimist atmosphere of the place... it´s not a hote, but a really home in Italy... as the place stays on the top of a common buildings of local people, you fell a really italian person ... and Marco (one of the owners) is very very nice... he hepls you with everthing... it´s unique... you don´t feel as a tourist but as a real local residence... for sure I will stay there next time... recomend 100%. Fabio and Mile (PS: sorry for my bas english kkkkkkk)

Room Tip: you feel in home... the place stays on the top of a common building of residents... and this is the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Hi Fabio and Mile,

thank you so much for your review. It helps us to work better and better, actually for me and my brother is more a pleasure than a job.

I take this occasion to tell you Happy Xmas and New Year!

Marco
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights. We had the room with bathroom included so that was nice. One thing that was NOT okay was the noise of the reception and the shower (water) running from the room next to us, we heard everything. We woke i guess 10 times per night because of the bad noise cancelling. GOOD thing was Marco, he provided us with tons of tips and advices for our stay in Rome :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hi Kees, Thank you very much for your review. It helps us to improve our service for future guests.
It is strange you talk about sleep quality and you did not specify why our cleaning service and quality of rooms were so poor for you...
Just to know when we renewed the b&b last year we spent a big amount of our budget on soundproofing. This goal was accomplished once we had some 80/90 years old people in the same room of you, they didn't tell anything about noise and quality of sleep... and you know at that age sleep could be more difficult than young guys like you...
Marco
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Due to many good reviews we booked St. John's.

Even before our arrival Marco helped us. He has organized an airport transfer for us (everything went well) and he welcomed us on arrival personally. Immediately, he explained everything exactly: what you can do in Rome, how to get there, ...
I have never experienced this before in a hotel! He really cares about all the guests.

The room was very nice and clean.

The breakfast was limited, but that did not bother us. It is enough! The nice lady who also cleans the rooms (I forgot her name), has welcomed us each morning very friendly and immediately made ​​some coffee.

When you come back in the evening, you can help yourself with the drinks and the coffeemachine (for free!!). Moreover, it is very nice to enjoy the evening on the terrace.

The hotel surrounding is not the nicest one, but this also was no problem for us, because you reach the city centre very fast by bus.

All in all we were happy to have chosen St. John's Terrace. We enjoyed our time here very much and it would be our first choice, if we come back to Rome again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
G P, Proprietario at St. John's Terrace, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Melanie, this is the reason we love this job! I want to thank you so much for your review. Have such satisfaction from our guests is the best reward we can ask for. I really hope to meet you here again. Marco
Sale, Chsehire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

My husband booked St Johns Terrace for our 20 year anniversary without my knowledge. When he told me I was very nervous (I always do the accommodation bookings for holidays, I'm fussy when it comes to cleanliness of rooms/bathrooms!). However, upon arrival I still felt a bit anxious as the apartment block had an old fashioned lift and I wondered what was awaiting for me at the top! Georgia met with us, offered us a drink and spoke extensively about how to get around, where to go and good tips to see the city. Then he showed us to our room and I have to say I was relieved and very impressed with how very clean the bedroom and bathroom was. The room was decorated in a modern and contemporary design. The beds were comfortable and the little personal touches that you dont get in hotels were a great service. Georgio and Marco couldn't do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. The Colosseum was only 15 minute walk and we enjoyed the walk. Breakfast was a nice treat in the morning out on the terrace and again either Georgio or Marco were there to make sure we were ok. We'd also like to say a great thank you for the lady who cleaned the rooms, she does a fab job of keeping it pristine. Definitely book again, hubby did good, would bring the kids next time too! Hina & Piyush, Sale, UK

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Anyang, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Now (21/AUG/2012) I am staying St.John's Terrace.
Before I came Rome, I stayed more than 10 hotels and BnBs in Europe and NewYork.
I can say that St.John's is the best!!!

This apartment is very close to the S. Giovanni Metro (6-7mins) and the hotel design is so nice.
Host Marco is so amazing and he introduce about rome trip to me through prepared map! It was so kind.
And also there are a lot of snacks and Nespresso capsule coffee in the terrace, so I can enjoy that any time.
I can say there is nothing to complain about this apartment!!!
I will 100% book again this apartment in rome!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hi Hyewon, sorry for my late answer to your review. I'd really want to thank you for your appreciation! this is so good for us and for our job. Now we are experiencing few rain but the terrace is still available and other guests are having good time on it. I hope to meet you again here in Rome. Marco

Been to St. John's Terrace? Share your experiences!