“The Staff are Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel De Monti to your Saves list
Hotel De Monti
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Panisperna 95, 00184 Rome, Italy   |
Ranked #45 of 1,264 Hotels in Rome
“The Staff are Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

The location is a Perfect for everything. We didn't need to take the Metro at All. The Staff Andrada & Mauro are Fantastic! Andrada is so Lovely! When we arrived, she Greeted Us with a Smile & offer Us something to eat & drink. The Gesture was so Kind. Mauro is so knowledgeable about Roma. He gave Us the Best Advices. He recommended some area in Rome are Best to Explore in the Evening. And he was RIGHT! With his recommendation we discover some Amazing Hidden Gems in Rome. I've been to Rome a few times now but never meet anyone who enjoys telling you where to go & when to avoid the long queues. I can tell he really want Guestes who stays there Enjoy Rome through his Eyes. Thank You Mauro & Andrada. Because of your Kindness & Advices we will be back! And I will definitely Recommed this Hotel to friends & family. And Thank You Trip Advisor Reviewers your Postive Reviews helped Us decided to stay here.

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

It's close to Termini station and walking distance to all the attractions. I didn't have any problems finding the building. The staff were friendly and helpful. I had one of the renovated rooms and it was much bigger than you usually find in Europe. Rome is quite expensive and I thought my room was good value. The room was clean. There was a tv but I didn't watch it. The wifi worked well in my room. There is no lift but I like walking up stairs anyway. Mauro took my bag upstairs so I didn't do this myself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Had trouble finding the hotel from termini so we took a cab. The exercise up the stairs was indeed tiring with our heavy luggages but thanks to mauro who came to carry one up for us. Check in was smooth and mauro went all out to lay out the map and induct us to the city with his info and hospitality. He was friendly and warm, making us feel welcome.

The room was fine and ours was located at the end of the hallway. It is like a bed and breakfast hotel style with breakfast served to u each morning when you tick off the food items you want for breakie. Andrada serves to you personally at the time you tick off. She's really cool! :)

On the last day, Andrada went all out to settle some issues for us. We can't thank her enough. Thank you to mauro too!

We walked to the Trevino fountain and it was convenient walking there and to the other main attractions. Good location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I booked the hotel based on the reviews on TA. I would have never known about this hotel without TA. My criteria was that it was close to the train station, good reviews on TA and hopefully under 150 Euros a night. Overall a good experience. The staff was friendly and happy to answer our questions. We were in low season and had done a ton of research so the staff didn't have much to offer us on advice we didn't already know. However, the tip on the short cut to the Spanish Steps was a great recommendation. Breakfast was brought to the room based on our requested time and what we requested to eat. Starting time is 7:30am and I think goes until 9am. Room was clean. We had no issue finding the place as we looked at the pictures on TA and also used Google maps to located it. About a 15 minute walk with bags from the train station less without bags. Wifi included and had no issues using it. Shower always had hot water. One of the better hair dryers on my trip to Italy also provided. Two chairs and night stands, a safe, hanger space and a desk.

The room and bathroom were a tad smaller than some of the pictures showed. We were in room 35 at the end of the hall. When you walk up the stairs the reception is on the right and the main hall with the rooms is on the left. We were grateful they allowed us to store our bags before we checked in and post check out.

Noise wasn't a huge issue as again low season but I could see where in high season the hall could be loud. Not street noise but from other guest coming and going in the hall.

Things that could be improved. Better or more pillows. Only two for two adults and both were flat and a bit hard. Some more channels on the TV. Not a huge deal as we don't trave to stay in our rooms and watch TV but it would be nice to hear some news in the morning getting ready. A few more options on the breakfast menu. After three mornings I was a bit tired of the selection. Maybe a clock in the rooms and/or a heated towel rack. Take the plastic off the chairs. Ours was half on and half off. I see the point to keep them clean but really felt like it either needed to be replaced or removed.

Glad we got to experience this place. If back in Rome we will look at it again and suggested it to friends. It is basic maybe a two stars. If are ok with that then this is your place. Staff and location are worth it. Probably one of the better two stars out there. Maybe a tad high in price for what you get but this is Rome. They can charge what they want.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

I felt disappointed staying in this hotel. After reading the reviews I thought it was going to be much better.
The locatios is good, near the Termini Station, but not great. The building dates from the XV century, ok, but not charme at all. The reception only opens from 1 till 8 pm. The room was extremely small: no place for the breakfast tray!.Not international channels on tv.
Nice staff, very clean.
Too expensive for the price.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Where do I start? It has to be with Mauro and Andrada who run the place. they are lovely. Listen to Mauro...listen to what he tells you about Rome because he lives it and knows it. The hotel is spotless, the location is excellent, and even the front door is full of character! Some people have said its hard to find but with google maps I can't see how you could miss it. Breakfast in bed, good showers, comfy beds, nice pillows, and even a good Kebab shop over the road with a really funny young lad serving. Nope, I have tried to come up with a negative about this hotel and just can't. If you want the Ritz with five stars and a snooty receptionist go stay there. If you want to experience Rome and be in a hotel that has character and wonderful staff.....go to the Hotel de Monti.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were extremely pleased with De Monti Hotel. It may have been the best Hotel we stayed traveling around Europe for more than three weeks. It is very well located, within walking distance to all main attractions in Rome so we did not have to bother using public transportation means or taxis. We walked everywhere we wanted to go and could return back to the hotel get some rest and continue exploring the city. What I loved most about it was the staff. They seemed to be able to answer all our questions, they advised on restaurants, on shopping, on Museums on anything one wants to know. I highly recommend it. 5 stars+++

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel De Monti? Share your experiences!