“YUK! A Real Loser” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Pace del Cervello

La Pace del Cervello
Via Santi Quattro, 63, 00184 Rome, Italy (Monti)
06 700 5173
Neighborhood: Monti
san francisco
“YUK! A Real Loser”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Let's face it, anything near the Colosseum is going to be over priced and bad but this place is really bad one. Staff is rude and creepy and the food is grossly overpriced and tasteless. The person I assume to be the owner tries to intimidate anyone who questions the bill. Best to go without food than breakdown and "eat" at this stink hole but as I say just about anything in near the Colosseum is gonna be questionable....by the way it would be sweet if the copyright holders on that famous image of Einstein sued this place for copyright violations,,,

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
VENEZIA
“A RESTAURANT HOOKING TURISTS CANNOT BE A GOOD ONE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Avoid, definitely... low quality bad food... that's why they send waiters to hook tourists...
if you it you avoid it...

• Visited August 2012
“Nice place to stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

Partner and i stopped here for lunch randomly.

Food was good, not amazing. Balue was okay and had no problems with staff or bill. We actually camcelled a drink a few minutes after ordering without any dramas resulting.

Thought it was a nice average rome restaraunt.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
London
“do not spend your money here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had the misfortune to frequent this establishment with my son, husband and brother in March, after a visit to the Colosseum.
We sat at an outside table, one of the waitresses literally threw two large menus at us in passing, my brother just managing to catch one as it landed in his chest. I do not exaggerate, we thought initially it was a joke, but no. This was the attitude to tourists. When he commented she just glared at him.
After ordering four meals and drinks, only three arrived. We initially thought that my brothers pizza was a little delayed, when he asked she did not apologise, looked at her PDA and insisted that because it was not on her list, then we cannot have ordered it. I was amazed at the audacity and sheer madness of the situation. I explained again that we ordered four meals for four of us and she must have misheard or forgotten, and I reminded her that she had not in fact finalised the order before leaving the table as most waitresses would do.
My brother repeated that he had of course ordered his own meal and expecting an apology and an assurance that it was now to be remedied, we continued to give them the benefit of the doubt. However, we were met with further aggression, denial and no obvious intent to supply another meal. Thus my brother cancelled it and then there was further abuse being accused of inconveniencing them! The owner, obviously the father, did nothing to address tis outrageous behaviour from his staff who were all looking on.
As we had a child with us, we stayed to finish the meal, though it grated on me to do so. To add insult to injury, we were charged 6 euro for service. I tried to say to the owner inside that I did not feel this was appropriate under the circumstances and suddenly no one spoke English.
I can quite honestly say that it was the worst experience from serving staff that I have ever encountered, although sadly we noted much of this attitude in Rome during the week.
As we sat there we noted twenty or so Spanish teenagers arrive and leave shortly afterwards from inside complaining about how they were spoken to (my brother speaks Spanish, and a little Italian), the son this time telling his father that they were being'' unreasonable''.
If you want to be treated like an inconvenience from rude, condescending staff who obviously feel that there job is beneath them and you should be grateful they are permitting you to visit their city, then go ahead and waste your money here.
And despite the plethora of these establishments every 5 yards, the food was less than average and over priced.

• Visited March 2012
Basel, Switzerland
“Worst ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We are sitting here as I write this review. Good thing they have wifi, probably the only good thing about this place... We have been waiting for 75 min. and the food has not come yet! We have five kids with us and their food is coming in pieces. Wait, they just brought one soup! Rest of us... Still waiting. The waitress is horribly rude and it's definitely the only black spot in an otherwise great city. The location is quite convenient to the Coliseum, but we recommend that you walk a few extra steps and try another restaurant, as there are plenty.... And, we definitely don't recommend this spot if you're traveling with a family. Wait... 90 minutes and we finally got the kids burgers!, and guess what? They're not that good........

• Visited July 2012