“Amazing way to introduce kids and adults to Roman cu,true and food,” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eating Italy Food Tours in Rome

and up
Ranked #29 of 887 Activities in Rome
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the Real Rome! Eating Italy Food Tours in Rome offers unique 4-hour food tasting & cultural walking tours in Rome's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. Get a taste of "life in Rome"- its fabulous cuisine, rich culture, treasured architecture, and cherished traditions. You will feel like a true local even if you don't speak the language because we take you to all best Roman specialty food shops, trattorias, markets, and cultural landmarks. Ten mouth-watering food tastings are included on every tour!Eating Italy Food Tours works in partnership with MILAVAGANDO Srl. All tickets are pre-purchased on our website.
Wisconsin
“Amazing way to introduce kids and adults to Roman cu,true and food,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

First of all, I messed up our reservation and they were able to accommodate my mistake. That made our day! I am so glad we did this tour. Our kids ages 7 & 10 enjoyed it and tried food they may not have tried, had I suggested them. Our tour guide, Sarah, kept the entire group interested with great stories. The food was all amazing. Very hard to pick a favorite part. I'd suggest doing this tour early in your trip as you learn things you can use the entire time.

Montclair, NJ
4 attraction reviews
“Even Better Than I Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My friends and I enjoyed the Eating Italy Food Tour. Our tour guide, Luna, was a delightful person and very well-informed. It was a nice mix eating and learning about the Testaccio neighborhood. I would highly reccomend this to any "foodies" who may be visiting Rome in the near future.

porthmadog north wales
“A GREAT EXPERIENCE HAD BY ALL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We met up with our guide Kate,a British (northerner! lol ) married to a Roman, who was into football and food, spoke Italian,who was up for a laugh and charming it doesn't get much better,there were 14 in our group 10 from the UK (known as the sausage club) a couple from Canada and a couple from america,I think they were bemused slightly by the British sense of humour.

The tour took around 4 hours in total,with not only about 10 foody stops,but visits to other interesting places too,I dont want to give the surprises away,but any tour with great food,buried English poets,The Mafia and Football has got to be worth a punt,right?

We all love our food,but until you try the ham and cheese at Volpetti's,Romes finest deli,you simply haven't lived,and the deep fried risotto balls were a revelation.

On the face of it the tour is expensive,but when you consider all the food you'll be getting on the way it's worth it.All our group thoroughly enjoyed the tour,so much so that we went back in the evening and spent 150 euros at Volpetti,and had loads more tastings too! and had the best antipasti treat ever back at our apartment

Thanks Kate!!

Melbourne
“Highlight of Rome holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My two friends and I had the pleasure of taking this tour on 2nd October with Domenico. It was a small group of twelve people from various parts of the world. Domenico was entertaining, friendly, and very knowledgeable and we thoroughly enjoy the four hours we spent sampling the fantastic Italian foods, including lunch with wine, and finishing off with the most delicious gelato. I am so glad he told us how to tell the real from the fake gelato. And to cap the afternoon off, he delighted us with a performance of his singing, and then arranged taxis for everyone as there was a public transport strike that day in Rome, and also stayed with the group until the last taxi arrived. Well done to the company also as they kept us updated on changes to times and the transport strike.

3 attraction reviews
“Really enjoyable tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Ten of us took the tour and we all enjoyed it. It was well organised,well run and informative. We even came back in the evening to return to the restaurant that we had visited. A good introduction to the area and the food of Rome & Italy