“Really getting to know ancient Rome” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #116 of 889 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: "Rome with Marisa" provides Rome Private Tours for Indipendent Travellers (Italian and English). Each tour is provided by Marisa, archaeologist and qualified tourist guide. Discover Rome with a local guide!
6 attraction reviews
“Really getting to know ancient Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were in Rome with friends who had been before and wanted to opt for something off the usual tourist trail. Marisa suggested 'Underground Rome' . This proved absolutely fascinating. She was so knowledgeable and we felt we were being given a real insight into the lives of the people of ancient Rome. As well as her undoubted archeological knowledge, her passion for her city and insights into life for modern Romans made this an unforgettable three hours. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Many thanks for your review!
I love this tour, and I'm so glad you like it too.
You can feel and breathe the Roman History! Nice morning with you and your friends!
Come back soon :)

Kauai, Hawaii
“Second Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our second time using Marisa and just like the first tour with her it was fantastic. This year we brought our two girls with us and Marisa gave them a tour they will not forget. They are ages 9 & 11 and we found that they were engaged for the whole time. Marisa was great in explaining everything so they could understand and they interacted very well. We had a wonderful lunch and she even thought the girls a little Italian. My wife and I had toured with Marisa last year and we knew that she would be wonderful for our family, we were let down. If looking for a great guide and one who loves her job and is knowledgable then you can't go wrong. We had a wonderful time once again in Rome and Marisa was a big part of it.

mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
thank you so much! :)
Second tour, second nice experience for me too.
Come back soon to Rome for a third tour, or just to have an ice-cream together! And send my greetings to your "girls".

Sydney, Australia
“Marisa Tour Guide: Eccelenza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Marisa around the Roman Forum, the Palatine Hill and the Colosseum. Over 4 hours, Marisa was full of interesting information, with a lot of interesting archological information in particular. She was very quick to respond to my email enquiry and to make arrangements, and very happy to match what we wanted to cover on the tour. Highly recommended!!

Visited January 2013
mari1978, Proprietario at Rome with Marisa - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thanks Stephen!! :)
I was really happy to find someone so interested and expert in the Roman History.
Thank you for having chosen my Private Tours.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Private tour of the Vatican Museums was the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Marisa was wonderful! Not only was she waiting for us at the Museums, but her english was perfect, funny, extremely knowledgable. It was like going through the Vatican with a great friend. Next time we are in Roma we definitely would have her guide us around again. Three hours is not enough time, either go later in the season (we went in late September), or make more time.

Visited September 2012
mari1978, Owner at Rome with Marisa - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi Kathrine, thanks for your nice review!!
I'm so glad that you have enjoyed my Vatican Museums guided tour! Everything ok here. Come back soon to discover more with me...this time without hurry, I'll be happy to offer you a good italian glass of wine!
Coventry, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Knowledgeable and Interesting Tour Guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I arranged 2 four hour tours with specific emphasis on the period of the Roman Republic and was particulary keen to take in sites and experiences outside of the usual attractions. Marisa understood what we wanted and structured our tours accordingly, sorting tickets where necessary to avoid queues. I will certainly contact Marisa when I return to Rome and absolutely recommend her to any group.

Visited October 2012
mari1978, Owner at Rome with Marisa - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thanks Marie for your review!
And many thanks even for give me the chance to share my knowledge with you, I'm happy when I meet someone so interested in the Ancient Rome.
Come back to Rome.