“When in Rome.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eddie's Fun Roma

Eddie's Fun Roma
Via Aleardo Aleardi, 16, 00185 Rome, Italy (Esquilino / Termini)
+39 069.436.5460
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #99 of 888 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the fun alternative to standard site seeing tours in Rome! We provide vacationers with a rare opportunity to experience Rome as a local resident. Our tours are specifically designed for introducing your group to locals who assist in providing an exciting and genuine adventure of their city. The most fun and fastest track to learn about a foreign city is by interacting with the people who live there. With Eddie’s Fun, we deliver you directly to the action!
Frankston, Victoria, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“When in Rome.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

What a great introduction to our visit to Rome! Our party of four had a great day with Jobe, whose enthusiasm and sense of fun made our tour a day to remember. Many highlights of the day including getting around the city 'Roman style', and an especially amazing lunch at Marino, where we were treated to a real feast in a family run restaurant, and even got to see their underground cellar and bunker. Jobe's energy level was high, he was personable and knowledgeable, and he showed us Rome from a local's perspective. He provided us with a personalized itinerary of places to go, bars to try, streets for shopping etc, which was really helpful over the remainder of our stay in Rome. At the end of the day we said goodbye to a friend, not a tour guide. Thanks Jobe!

Visited June 2013

Arlington, Virginia
“a great honeymoon gift”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I bought a tour package, called Tommy Night, with Eddie's Fun for my good friend who was about to honeymoon in Rome. She told me that her and her new husband's night in Rome with Eddie's Fun was the most exciting among all her honeymoon nights! So needless to say it was a great honeymoon gift. They went to a romantic restaurant with amazing terrance and gorgeous views, went around to see the sights at night, and ended the evening by partying with their guide (I think his name was Joe, from Philly) who knew everyone in the bars and clubs that they passed by and even rapped for them and gave them a shoutout while at the DJ booth in the club. My friends also were able to hang out in the VIP area and partied with other fun people. This definitely would not have been possible if we had not booked with Eddie. Highly recommend =)

Visited June 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Tommy Night Tour in Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We got the night tour of Rome as a wedding gift to use on our honeymoon in Italy. We want to thank our guide, Jobe for a terrific night out in Rome! We had such a blast, from the rooftop dinner, to the night walking tour of the city to VIP treatment at the club! Lots of great memories and photos =) Would recommend Eddie's Fun tours!

Visited May 2013
Arkansas
17 attraction reviews
“Fun and Different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Eddies is a very young company (2nd yr), developing an unusual approach to touring. You won't visit the Vatican, Colosseum, or cathedrals. You will spend a fun day learning about Italian families, their lifestyles, customs, bits of history. We took 2 tours on consecutive days, Eddies and Tommy's, with American expat Jobe. He's high energy, talks 3 miles a minute and loves his adopted city. Eddies tour was in Rome, with an afternoon visit to a small picturesque village, Merino, for lunch. Yes, it was a friends restaurant, but then Jobe knew people on the subway, streets, and train. He's a very friendly guy who made us feel like long time friends from the minute we met him. Tommy's focused on romance, even tho we had him tone it down as we've been married 40 years. St Angelo's was closed for a holiday so he spontaneously substituted a visit across town to a high point with a spectacular view of the entire city, with a political discussion thrown in. We picnicked and pedaled a motorized cart around Borghese gardens which was my favorite activity in Rome. I believe Eddies Fun Tours offers an alternative to the traditional tours which for me are often too heavy on minute details, and not enough of experiencing what a city and its inhabitants have to offer.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Fun tour, great friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I picked Eddie's Fun because it really felt like it wasn't your typical tour company, and I wasn't disappointed! The tour starts at Eddie's Fun office, where you will meet your tour guide and Eddie himself. The company is fairly new and it's evident that Eddie and his team have gone to great lengths to listen to their customers about ways that they can make their company the best that it can be.

As for the tour I visited Rome in mid-April and chose the "Eddie" Day Tour. As luck would have it, I was one of only two people on the tour, which was great and made it feel even more like I was being shown around Rome by my new "friend", Jobe. Jobe has a booming, infectious laugh and a personality to match. Like Eddie, Jobe is an American ex-pat who has lived in Rome for the last several years. He was so helpful about the ins and outs of Rome and provided lots of personal touches that really went above and beyond what I had expected to get out of this tour. By the end of the day, I walked away with a handwritten list of places to eat, drink, people-watch and shop - all thanks to Jobe.

To be clear, Eddie's Fun does NOT take you into the famous sights of Rome. Instead, their goal is to provide you with a tour of Rome from the perspective of its locals. That means you will walk right past the famous sights, hop on the bus and travel by foot into some of Rome's actual neighborhoods. It is a great way to kickoff your trip to Rome, especially if it is your first time in the city. So, if you want to go into the Colosseum or the Forum or the other big tourist attractions, look elsewhere. If you want a more personal, authentic experience, choose Eddie's Fun.

Visited April 2013