“Fun tour, great friends” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eddie's Fun Roma

Eddie's Fun Roma
Via Aleardo Aleardi, 16, 00185 Rome, Italy (Esquilino / Termini)
+39 069.436.5460
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #96 of 888 Activities in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the fun alternative to standard site seeing tours in Rome! We provide vacationers with a rare opportunity to experience Rome as a local resident. Our tours are specifically designed for introducing your group to locals who assist in providing an exciting and genuine adventure of their city. The most fun and fastest track to learn about a foreign city is by interacting with the people who live there. With Eddie’s Fun, we deliver you directly to the action!
Vancouver, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Fun tour, great friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I picked Eddie's Fun because it really felt like it wasn't your typical tour company, and I wasn't disappointed! The tour starts at Eddie's Fun office, where you will meet your tour guide and Eddie himself. The company is fairly new and it's evident that Eddie and his team have gone to great lengths to listen to their customers about ways that they can make their company the best that it can be.

As for the tour I visited Rome in mid-April and chose the "Eddie" Day Tour. As luck would have it, I was one of only two people on the tour, which was great and made it feel even more like I was being shown around Rome by my new "friend", Jobe. Jobe has a booming, infectious laugh and a personality to match. Like Eddie, Jobe is an American ex-pat who has lived in Rome for the last several years. He was so helpful about the ins and outs of Rome and provided lots of personal touches that really went above and beyond what I had expected to get out of this tour. By the end of the day, I walked away with a handwritten list of places to eat, drink, people-watch and shop - all thanks to Jobe.

To be clear, Eddie's Fun does NOT take you into the famous sights of Rome. Instead, their goal is to provide you with a tour of Rome from the perspective of its locals. That means you will walk right past the famous sights, hop on the bus and travel by foot into some of Rome's actual neighborhoods. It is a great way to kickoff your trip to Rome, especially if it is your first time in the city. So, if you want to go into the Colosseum or the Forum or the other big tourist attractions, look elsewhere. If you want a more personal, authentic experience, choose Eddie's Fun.

Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“family away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I just went on this tour about a week or two ago when we were in Rome. It's a great tour to do at the beginning of your trip. Our tour guide Job was great. It felt like we had family in Rome showing us around and I think this out of everything was my favorite part. He explained a lot of the cultural differences between Italians and Americans. Showed us around for a short moment in Rome and then we took a train ride to a local suburban town called Marono. It was a beautiful quaint town and the people were very friendly. We were interested in buying local wine and we stopped at a local winery which had fantastic red and white wine for only 2 euros a bottle! We should have brought more! The lunch that came with the tour was amazing. I think this tour was a steal and I would definitely recommend it to a friend or other family member visiting.

Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“a truly memorable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I am a bit late writing this review considering I actually went on the tour in May of 2012. However, the memories from this one day tour have stuck with me. My two other friends and I traveled up from Naples to Rome for a short two days, and spent one of them on tour with Eddies fun. I must say it was an incredible time, and a great way to tour a beautiful city. They brought us to parts of Rome that one would not normally venture off to on their own. The whole time providing us with laughs and some good information. I must say at first I was skeptical, I've been on many tours and tend to find them very stuffy and boring. We were actually the youngest people they had taken out on a tour without 'adults', all of us being under 20 at the time. This did not matter they still were able to entertain the whole time, and had so many intriguing stories. One of my friends even had a blister pop on the tour and while we were out for lunch Eddie himself delivered us band aids and disinfectant. They truly were caring and fun tour guides and if I travel back to Rome I have no doubt I will tour with them again. Both of my friends at the time were living in Naples as nanny's and our tour guides gave them their contact information in case they ever came back to Rome and needed some advice on some fun young things to do. I will forever remember this trip and hope I can make my way back to see them again!

Visited May 2012
Philadelphia
“The best, hands down!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My first visit to Rome was made even more memorable by Eddie’s Fun Tours of Rome! I was hesitant to go on a guided tour, unsure if it was going to be narrated by some man with a monotone voice who read out of a booklet. I was immediately proven wrong when the tour guide, who was referred to as our buddy, truly acted like we were going to be lifelong friends. Oh, and our buddy was not a monotone-voiced man at all, she was actually an engaging and beautiful young woman named Alexa. In true Italian fashion, she instantly made us feel like family.
Rather than taking us on a tour around the regular historic spots that most companies take visitors, we got an insider’s glimpse of authentic Italian life. We went to the homes of local resident who captivated us with their boisterous laughter, welcoming smiles, and engaging stories. They gave us the scoop on where to find the best pasta in the city. They gave us a vocabulary lesson on Italian words. They told us where to go if we want to taste the most refreshing glass of wine of our lives. They shared their love of Rome with us.
No tour is complete without eating! We indulged in homemade pasta and true Italian pizza (which is nothing like what you get anywhere in America!), and I cannot put into words how mouth-watering delicious all of it was. I think this was my favorite part of the entire tour, but that is because I am a foodie at heart!
We capped off the day by going out to a hot nightclub with our buddy, where we got to let loose on the dance floor and enjoy more wine! I never expected a guided tour to show us the ins and outs of night life, and this is what sets Eddie’s Fun apart from the rest!
This review does not do Eddie’s Fun Tours of Rome justice. I think we made the best choice when we decided to take a tour with this company. Instead of the traditional kind of tour, we got the chance to experience Rome through the eyes of the locals. Anyone who visits Rome must book a tour with Eddie’s Fun Tours of Rome.

Visited June 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Amazing experience in Rome...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My first time in Rome was an absolute winner. Jobe, my tour guide for the day was extremely fun, full of knowledge and exciting! He made sure to show me all the great places, great food and great story about Rome! i would definitely suggest this tour company to anyone planning to visit Rome. not a single cent is wasted! To Jobe and everyone in Eddie's fun..thank you for such an unforgettable experience! will definitely be back soon!!!!

Visited October 2012