“Old Rome Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #214 of 593 Tours & Activities in Rome
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Old Rome Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We took a tour of Old Rome with ArtViva. Our guide was excellent, the tour was well paced and we hit all the high spots. We had to deal with heavy rain at times, but our guide found cover for us while he explained the history and importance of the sights. He gave us an overwhelming sense of the history of the city, the people and the architecture. It was an afternoon well spent.

Visited April 2013
Artviva, Manager at Artviva - The Original & Best Walking Tours, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
It’s a true compliment that despite the heavy rains, you found the tour and our guide to be so excellent. The vast history of Rome really is impressive and we are happy to hear our guide was able to capture all the important elements in just a few hours. Grazie for taking time out to share your thoughts on our tour!

Mansfield, Texas, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Artviva Walking Tour Extraordinaire with Simone”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My family visited Italy this summer and used Artviva Walking tours exclusively and were absolutely blown away with our tours in Rome and Florence. I must give extra "props" to Simone in Rome. He led us on walking tours of the Vatican and the Original Walking Tour of Rome and both were outstanding!! Simone was unbelievably knowledgeable in architecture, sculpture, history, art...you name it and he knew it. He imparted his knowledge with such a passion while never sounding arrogant or elitist in any way. Simone was very entertaining and funny as well. In addition to his knowledge of Rome, each day at the end of our tour, he directed us to FANTASTIC, non-tourist-y, local eateries that had phenomenal food and wine at reasonable prices. I will definitely use Atviva Tours exclusively and only Simone in Rome.

Visited August 2012
Tracy, California
“Great orientation to Rome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My husband and I had only a few days in Rome and wanted to make them count, so we booked the Art Viva Original Rome Walk tour for our first morning. We didn't pick the full day tour because I had booked our Vatican tour separately for the next day, but after the great tour that morning, I was sorry I hadn't stuck with Art Viva. The thing I liked most about the tour was that, even though it focused primarily on the Coliseum and other ancient sites, we went into other areas of the city as well and I felt like we ended up with a Renaissance Rome tour as well. Oh, I also loved that our group had only 6 people in it. I have since recommended Art Viva to others traveling to Rome. I doubt you can find a more knowledgeable tour guide than the one we had that day (sorry I forgot his name)!

Milwaukee, WI
6 attraction reviews
“Knowledgeable guides”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We booked several tours with ArtViva including two in Rome, the Original Rome Walk and Masterpieces of the Vatican.

Our guide on The Original Rome Walk, Guido, was very knowledgeable and easy to understand. We walked all over ancient Rome and learned a lot about the history. The Skip the Line tickets were worth the extra price after seeing the hour-long line at the coliseum. We also went to the Pantheon and Piazza Navona, but went back for more pictures because we didn't get enough time inside the Pantheon.

Masterpieces of the Vatican was also good and we were glad we got to skip the line again. Our guide (don't remember his name) was also very knowledgeable, but a bit boring and seemed a little to proud of his own credentials. He often skipped over what looked like fascinating statues and paintings, but went into painful detail about others that didn't seem very important. Nevertheless, it was a very interesting tour and I was glad we had someone to put all if it in context. I may have been a bit impatient waiting to see the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica after a long day. Those two attractions alone were jaw-dropping and well worth the trip.

Side Note: Our original tour had to be canceled because of a worker strike at the coliseum. ArtViva did an excellent job trying to get a hold of us to reschedule for the next day. They eventually got in touch by emailing the hotel we had booked.

San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
“So informative”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Simone was our guide for both the Vatican and Original Walk tours and we were so glad to have him. He was informative and entertaining, he knew so much and was so gracious. I'm so glad we booked with Artviva. We also used them for the Forence and Venice tours.

Visited June 2012

Been to Artviva - The Original & Best Walking Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Artviva - The Original & Best Walking Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.